Raptor Plus EXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Raptor Plus EXP

Purchased from: Music Store

I generally like the sound of my guitar. My amp has bad distortion, causing it to not sound good while on distortion. A good full sound when appropriatly tuned. Overall I like it (it actually plays well acoustic for an electric guitar).

I play punk/rock music for a local band with my friends. It works fine for this purpose. I havent owned this guitar for very long. I also own a Monster Cable which I love, a Planet Waves strap which is ok, a Peavey amp which is pretty good. Various picks. If it were stolen or lost I would probably get the same model but a different color, or maybe on second thought I should get a better guitar, Naw it's fine. Love the sound, hate the accessories that came with it. Didn't really compare to other products.

It plays well live. Nothing except for the crappy accessories that came with it have broken. The strap buttons seem solid. I'd most definately use it without a backup. The finish is fine. High marks.

I was very pleased with the way I got it except for parts of the paint job. Everything else was excellent no internal problems that needed fixing. Very pleased.

Made pretty recently, 21 frets, volume, tone and 5-way selector, 4 pickups. Included an amp, gig bag, a crappy strap (that I had to 'fix' but it didn't work so I ended up buying a new one), a crappy cable (replaced within a week), extra strings, lesson DVD, and a confusing tuner (found a better computer program tuner). Pretty basic I guess.