Raptor Plus EXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Raptor Plus EXP

Purchased from: Uncle Jon's Music

The sound from this guitar is very nice. I like to play to play mainly metal to classic rock bands like AC/DC and Metaliica and if thats the sound your looking for I would suggest this guitar. Right now I have a Drive CD300 amp it sound great but befor I got that amp I used a Peavy Backstage. The Backstage made a great match for this guitar as far as sound goes. The Drive amp has less powerfull distorsion but has more watts.

Overall this guitar is great. I've been playing cool tunes for almost 1 year. The S/S/H pickup layout is what I think is best and this guitar has that feature. I went to 3 stores seaching for a quality guitar in my price range (250$ or less) and this was the one for me. I suggest this guitar for any one who's looking for a low price, quality, and great sound.

I got this guitar new with one minor (less than 1 sq. inch) paint chip on the back. I didn't really mind because people only noticed it when I showed them. A week after I got it I was unplugging it from the amp and the hexagon nut where the amp plug goes through fell off. It was weird but easily fixed.