Raptor Plus EXP review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 3.6 Poor
Peavey: Raptor Plus EXP

Purchased from: B Sharp

It didn't really suit my style of music as it is pretty much can't get to great of distortion out of it. You can get a little but even with a good amp you cannot get to much out of it. it is mainly to be used clean. I used a Peavey amp with a 150 range with it. It dosen't sound rich or full and no bright sound it just sounds, crappy.

I like to play punk rock and this guitar can barely do any distrotion with a great amp. I have been playing for about a year and this only lasted me two months, then I got my ESP LTD EC-50, read my review on that if you are looking for a good guitar. I should have asked if this guitar was any good, and if the salesmen was honest I would not have got this guitar. I really don't love anything about it, it is a below average guitar and that, at the end of the day is it. I guess the best thing about it was the 5-way pickup selector. I really didn't compare it to much being that it was my first guitar. Man, I really wish I did. I just wish it was at least a little quality. That is why I wrote this review to save you guys some headaches. Hope this review helps you in buying a new guitar if you are a begginer.

This is proubly the worst part of the guitar itself, durability. This guitar wouldn't proubly stand any live playing. I was just playing and all at once I had a big crack on the forth tuning peg going all through the head and starting to hit the neck. I am extremely carfull with my guitars never dropped and all I did with it was casual playing. I lasted me about two months which is really pathetic. I woulden't even use this guitar for a backup I would get rid of it. The finish was never that good when I got it so it pretty much got worse. It was overall just a mess.

The guitar was set up very nicely when we talk about its pickups. They were set up already and adjusted nicely which was good. They had multiple finish flaws on it, I had some screws loose on it concerning the saddle, the wood quality is terribile in the neck and head of the guitar. And the place to plug in your ampliphier is extremely loose. I was not pleased at all.

The Peavy Raptor Plus was my first guitar. It is a 22 frets and is USA made. It has a laminated top, and the body and neck are both made out of maple without any finish on the neck. The body style is Strat, hte the bridge style is Tune-O-Matic. It is a passive electronic. It has a 5-way pickup selector on it. It is a supposedly for beggingers with its easy to use design.

CalvinJr
    i got this guitar too, and its awesome for beginners...i want to get an SG
    derekbarnes8806
    played 4 yrs heavy on this thing, still rockin out with it almost everyday.... great starter for sure
    Metallica_Ðuke
    ive had this thing for about 6 months and cant get any good distortion out of it.. its taken a beating tho, ive smahsed it a billion times and its still in one peice haha