Raptor Plus EXP review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Peavey: Raptor Plus EXP

The sound on this guitar is very clear and clean you can easily tell the difference between each string on each fret(the amp might have something to do with that though). It definately suits my style which is hard to define because I like to play almost everything but that's why I think this guitar is well rounded for really anyone form beginners to more advanced I wouldn't recommend it to those Who can play amazing and need a lot of extra's when they play. I like to use my amp distortion because I don't have a pedal distorter yet and I am using a Peavey Backstage 26 watt amp that one has the controls for Volume, Over Drive Volume(distortion, High and Low tone controls and that's it just very basic but it emitts a very clean full rich sound on any setting I use. The guitar can make many different sounds the variety is amazing and that's without the amp settings added on. I love the clean rich crisp sound this guitar and amp make together and I like how I can goto a really deep drk almost morbid sound to a very bright high ear splitting sound.

I have stated many times I play classical Beathoven to Melting Face Godsmack And this guitar can keep up it's amazing and I hardly have to do any adjustments inbetween. I have been playing for about 9 months off and on and I have a bad very old acoustic I like to mess with now and then but otherwise nothing. Nope I asked everything I beleive I needed to and the guy was upfront about which one to buy and how this would help me more then just a guitar and he told me about everything and how it woukld sound and he was right non key rock on dude. Should my guitar get lost or stolen or even broken the first thing I would do would go out and but the same thing maybe a bit nicer one maybe with some nice decal on it but otherwise I am loyal to my Peavey Guitars. I love everythign about this guitar there is like nothng to hate except maybe the common black and white color that's about all I would change but my fav feature is not on the guitar it is the amps distortion it sounds amazing and I wish I could play some fae melting solo's with it but I'm not quite that good yet. I did compare the Pevey backstage kit to the Stratus backstage kit. I chose this one Because I have always loved Peavey and always been a fan and the spec on the kits were the same except the other one came with a polish cloth and some cleanuing something I think instead of a DVD so I chose the Peavey anyways. There is really nothing I could want mroe on this guitar for me at this moment maybe later in the future but not now. Ok that's it for my review rock some faces off everyone (amazing face melting solo, I wish).

This is prob the most reliable guitar I have ever had I am quite positive that Live playing wont even match to sending this thing out of peak add on a bigger amp and voula you have a stage kit. The ahrd ware seems like it will last a good long time or atleast until; I get my new bigger amp and bass guitar to go along wiht my electric the one I'm talking about now. The strap buttons are solid and I would totally use it on a gig with out a backup unless I planned on smashign it before the last song but that wont happen. The finish is great even in the chipped out marks the finish still looks like it's there it is quite amazing and I'm sure it will last a lot more playing ho[pefully the strings will too.

I'm not sure how it was set up at the factory but however it was it was very very well done. The pickups were fine everything seems/seemed Perfect so far and I think it was worth the money, There are no bends in the bridge no chips or marks(except for the ones from it slipping form my hands or falling when I set it on it's stand wrong). There were no flaws at all it came very well made there are still no flaws except the chips here and there.

Ok this is my first review so It wont be the greatest. I like the guitar I have it suits the style of what I play which is everything from classical stuff like Beathoven to heavey stuff like Marilyn Manson. I must admit this is one of the most well rounded guitars I have ever played. I'm not sure what year it was made or really very much about it I just started playing guitar and this is one of Peavey's basic types. There are a great 21 frets on it great for starters from what I've seen atleast. The frets are from other guitars I've seen and played just a normal width and I am qute sure it is made of Rosewood and it is very dull so I doubt it is a laminated top. Now on with the rest of this Magnificant guitar. The body is just in the classic Black color with a White plate on it it looks ok but it is not the most amazing thing ever. The wood used I am quite sure is a Hard Fir of some sort I'm not positive what kind but it is almost a sandy brown color which is quite light in contrast to the dark red brown of the fret board. I'm not sure of the body or Bridge styles Like I originally stated I haven't been playing guitar for long enough to make the best review so I know I am missing out on some things. I am fairly sure it is in a active electronics the sounds are loud and clear and you can tell each different string on each different fret. Well this guitar is faily close to being a beginners guitar so it is that technical about it's features it has Volume control Tone control 5-way selector wammy bar holder/wammy bar.My tuner I know is not the greatest but it gets the job done I'm not quite sure if it is a locking or not but the make of it is a Peavey SPT-6G digital auto tuner I hope that help I know it isnt the best tuner out there probaly but like I said it gets the job done. It cost so much because my guitar came in a pack called a Back-stage Kit it included My guitar, 26 watt amp, strap, wammy bar, tuner, DVD on how to play, extra set of strings, 4 picks(1 light 2 meduim 1 heavey), A fabric case, The cable some tools and that's it. Well I hope this helped someone out hope you all have some fun Rock'n Poeples Faces Off or just trying to relax and listen to the music.

peever
    once you get it set up its a quite nice guitar actually, great starter
    Crutchy
    I have this guitar. I like it. And you're right, it sounds like shit if you don't use a pedal or anything. But I use a BOSS DS-1 Distortion pedal. The sound is orgasmic. I'm hoping to get an Ibanez ICX220 soon.
    strat_7
    r u guys crazy i have this guitar its a joke! it breaks down like every week and im a freak with keeping guitars in good shape. the sound is awful some of u guys r crazy thinking this thing is good.