Raptor Plus EXP review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 5.2 Decent
Peavey: Raptor Plus EXP

I guess it suits my style metal/heavy metal/death metal I usually have played just my own stuff that I think of. The use it with a Peavey Transtube 258 EFX Amp and unless you want really good distortion you would have ot crank the volume all the way up and too me the Vintage distortion sounds louder than the modern distortion and clean is good all around. There is a lot of hum so it will get bothersome for me.

I paly metal heavy metal Death metal and classic rock and hark rock and I have started playing every since I got his guitar which was only a few months ago so I'm still learning hear and there if it were lost I would probably get something else. I'm looking more or less for a Schecter or ESP guitar. Other than that this guitar will see me through.

I wouldn't rely on this guitar much unless you are sitting on a chair playing for a huge crowd not making any movement. So don't even think of using this guitar as a back up either. The finish is good but don't drop otherwise this guitar will start dying on you or keep away from kids like I'm trying to.

I adjusted my guitar to my need and it still sounds good. I don't know how the facotry routed this guitar because I didn't buy it and the finish is getting a little scratched easily (nephews) but I guess everything else is fine other than the cable nut falls out from time to time if I don't tighten it.

This guitar was bought for me. I was surprised when I got it. Mine is Black with a white pickguard and it has 21 frets the body looks like a Strat and it has a floyd Rose tremolo though I hardly use my whammy bar unless I jsut want to mess around, it has a 5 pick selector and 1 volume and tone knob. It has 2 single coil pickups and 1 humbucker I sorta changed the pickups a while because I kept hitting the side of them when I was picking really fast so I lowered them and I got it with a bag and cable and yadada.