Raptor Plus EXP review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 3.6 Poor
Peavey: Raptor Plus EXP

Purchased from: Steves Music

The sound is definitly better than how it's built. I play metal somewhat but it sure oesnt suit it. A bright red uitar with a pick guard, not so metal. I'm using a small Peavey amp with. I haven't had it too tooloud yet so I'm not too sure on how it would sound at a gig. Probably wouldn't that small amp anyways but it's got quite a bright sound while I'm playing with it. I'm using a Boss MT-2 distortion oedal and it sounds great with it. But it dooes not sound the hottest with no pedals.

As I said I play metal guitar, and this red peice o crap does not suit my style of music. I have been playin for around 3 years now and I have never seen a worse guitar. I would have asked if I could get a better because this one is nt very good. I don't like too much about this, the only thing I do like about it is nothing. I compared this to my ESP LTD AX-50 and it still doesn't compare. If this were stolen/ thrown out my window, I would definitly buy a different product and probably a different brand too. I wish it has a different shape but, what are you gonna do?

This would definitly not withstand play Live. If I was jumping around a going crazy itwould fall off a couple of times. I don't think that my knobs will last for much longer. The strap buttons are definitly not solid, as I said before my strap would fall and so would my guitar. I would probably not play with this as my main guitr, I have a better guitar and I would use that. The finish has been wearing off the last couple a weeks. Definitly not dependible.

I think this guitar was not setup too good in the factory. The strap would fall off a lot and the guitar would flal to the floor. There would be a new scratch on it almost every week. By the time I throw it out, it'll look worse then, well I don't what to say but it'll look bad. My friend also had the same guitar except in a different colour. His volume knob eventually fell off. First it would just keep spinning and spinning around but it fell off.

I am not sure of the exact specs on it, where it is made and what etc. But I do know one thing. I sucks. I compare it to my ESP guitar and it is worse than dog crapola. it has 21 frets, so I can't play some of my fav solos, me well, what are you gonna do? it's got a bright-red finish that almost looks pink. I wouldve rather had Pink then bright red but whatever. It has the shape of a Telecaster, no the qaulity though. I got an amp with it, strap, gig bag and picks so it wasn't bad for a hundred bucks. It was my first guitar, so obviously it's not the best. to say the least. I'm not sure of the pickups, I don't think there very well, but I can't say for sure. It only sound good on the far right setting. I still don't know what it's called. It's okay but don't buy it.

Korzack
    I just found the guy who was trying to compared it to an ESP that cost at least twice as much amusing. We all know what ESP's were built for, and this is a Strat copy. Iron Maiden may use Strats, but they do swap the pickups & all of that, it ain't a metal guitar at all. It does well for blues & rock, which was what it was built for. It's like trying to use a convertible as a Cement mixer.
    archangelseren
    i to have this guitar and it sounds really bad clean or at least on the all pick-up setting (closest to volume control) one not too bad on the others but on distortion its not to bad but wouldn't recommend.
    SchmifftyFive
    This was my first guitar, and it worked well for the price. If you're a begginer I can recommend it, but nobody else should bother. Just my two cents
    dinosaur sr
    this was my first guitar (my only guitar...) and it sucks... It was ok for a while, until I played my friend's les paul.. after that I wasnt too happy with it, it goes ou of tune constantly, the finish is chipping off and it sounds terrible dont buy it, you can get a much better guitar for just a little more money
    djmay71
    i bought this with the peavey stage pack. it was good to start with, put after a year or so, it started to fall apart on me. after practising with the band, i was packing up and my input fell into the guitar. i took it all apart to get it back together, but i still every now and then have to take it all apart to tighten it from the inside. crappy guitar if you can afford a better one.
    80balls
    ya this was my first guitar too but i didnt think it was that bad. atleast for begginers. but even if it was a strat copy i like that they put a humbucker on the brige pickup. plus it sounds better then other starter guitars that i played. but thats just what i think.