Raptor Plus EXP review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Peavey: Raptor Plus EXP

It sounds somewhat like a Fender to me but overall, it doesn't produce that good quality sound. It is kind of noisy and the guitar can make a few sounds only like distorted, overdrive, clean and acoustic. The amp that you get is small (but free) and you get the Overdrive button available. You can change the Bass or Treble of the guitar too. It suits for a beginner!

I play in a distorted way mainly and yeah, it is good! For a beginner, you can try and learn your basics from here. I have been playing for more than a year and I appreciate this guitar for teaching noobies how to play. If it was lost, I wouldn't buy it again as a few more hundred bucks and you can buy yourself an Ibanez! What I love about it is that it is cheap and great. Since I am not a professional, I can't say more about this guitar professionally but I wished that it included at least 22 frets and more colours!

This is what is disappointing. It isn't durable for Live stages. Put a whammy bar and say goodbye to this guitar. I don't think the guitar will last for so long so keep your money safe and think of buying a Gibson if you are experienced! Take my word, play it for open mic-night at small bars but not in a live stage!

As far as I know, the guitar is just fine for a beginner. I haven't faced any flaws yet and my friends, Who have played it for 3 years, also haven't. Since it comes from China, I guess it isn't that good but many guitars are manufactured there. Plus you get warranty so don't worry!

For me, I personally liked what the Raptor Plus EXP had to offer. It may be like any other guitar but I recommend this for any starter! The Raptor Plus EXP was made in China but is a US brand. It offers you 3 types of colours, sunburnt, red and black and was made a long time back (2000s I guess). The Raptor Plus EXP offers you 21 frets (I wanted 22 but that is okay). It offers you 5 pickups so it is easy for you to play and a Tremolo bar. It also offers you an amplifier (12 watt with overdrive function), few picks, a digital tuner with EADGBE function, a special DVD, straps, extra pair of strings and a gig bag. The body and neck wood is made of mahogany and is coloured as wood only.

J.J.G.
    I cant see how some1 can give 10 to sound and then other guy gives 3...
    gavz_verdikt
    IUseAPurplePick wrote: My friend has this guitar, we dubbed it the "Craptor"
    itz not crap, its basically a look-a-like version of the Stratocaster for n00bies
    alexec947
    ye its a great starter guitar, i used it and its a really durable guitar in general. but its tone knob has broken. its well-rounded but the sound isnt great :/
    Vabolo
    You know when the strings have a greater resale value than the guitar they're on? Kidding, although it's no real strat, it's good start.
    starzsp
    I have mine for years, all it needs is some better pickups and a pedal and your in business.
    brentondig
    Mine still works fine after 6 years. Some dings from dropping it once or twice. The only thing is, yeah, the input becomes loose from time to time. I would definitely get a new guitar though.
    Slash347
    Not a bad guitar, However when i got mine it fretted out quite a bit, but that was fixed easily enough. I learned all I know on this guitar, my main complaint is that it does not have very good pickups.
    jax113
    i have this guitar and it is best guitar that you can buy at this price