Raptor Plus EXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Raptor Plus EXP

Purchased from: ebay

I play every style of music and wanted this guitar as a beater. After a new set of strings were applied I kinda dig the different sound than my Strat. I'm playing it through a Fender 75 and Line 6 together with a DigiTech RPM 150 effects pedal giving me a wealth of sounds and choices. Do to the lightness I can see me playing this guitar a lot.

I've been playing for 30 years. So we have Led Zep - Aerosmith - Green Day - Cheap Trick - Tom Petty - The Babys - The Vapors - Foster The People - Foghat - John Melloncamp - and the list goes on and on and on. So far if it was stolen I would buy another.

Quality of build seems to be better than you would expect for a guitar in this price range and other people seem to think this guitar could do very well up against the $400 range of instruments and I agree with them.

The action is fast and light. And like I said not a scratch on it. The red finish matches my Strat so nobody will know who has ever seen me play will no the difference. I didn't adjust anything so far because it seems to be set up pretty good.

well I picked this up off of eBay. It's at least 2 years old and is the Chinese model. It has the 24 fret neck in maple and rosewood. Here on this board people are saying how heavy this guitar is I found that not to be the case it's much lighter than my Strat and it has an Ultra thin body. The previous owner who was female never even change the strings and there's not a scratch on it... So onto sound.

travisc94
    I wasn't really impressed with this guitar, mainly because I wasn't familiar with guitars, until I realized that I could adjust it to my likings. With a proper setup and raising of the stock pickups, I could get a nice sound. All of the guitars you hear on this song are a Peavy Raptor Plus EXP running through a POD HD500: http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/s... Its not a top quality guitar, but for the cheap, you can get a cool sound!