Raptor Plus EXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Raptor Plus EXP

Purchased from: Falcetti's Music

My guitar and I are like peanut butter and jelly! I play Progressive Rock, Glam, Classical, Hard, Metal, even Industrial. I play my guitar with "clean" for some of the softer classical rock, 95% of the time I keep my Peavey Amplifier in full overdrive. Guitar provides beautiful tone for "Stairway To Heaven" or "Nothing Else Matters". But when you drop this baby in to "D", she's gonna rock the house!

I play as light as The Beatles, to as heavy as Pantera! This guitar keeps up with me as well as a pacemaker keeps up with an ol' man's heart! Only been playing for 6 months. I would never "loose" it because if you touch my guitar with bad intentions, LOOK THE %^*& OUT! I couldn't choose my guitar, but I glad I didn't, this was a Christmas present. I really wish it came with a tremolo bar!

My guitar is ready for anything! I've carried it around like Linus carries his blanket! In fact, this guitar has already performed once, only had it for 6-7 months! I would always like to have a backup... JUST IN CASE something goes wrong!

FOR ONCE something from China is worth well paying for! Had this guitar for 6 months, and I have no scratches on it WHAT-SO-EVER! This guitar has been dropped a couple of times because the gig bag is a cheap piece of $@#!, all in all, the guitar should hang on a wall.

- Made in China - 22 Frets - Raptor Body Style - String-thru body Bridge - Controls: Volume, Tone, 3 Way Distortion switch - Stock model Pickups Accessories: - Extra Strings - Amplifier Included - Gig Bag - Electronic Tuner

cricke49
    Does anybody know what the bore is for a whammy bar to fit onto a Peavey Raptor(not the plus model), i know a strat whammy bar is too big, i've seen like a 5.4mm, 5.5mm and 6mm, does anybody know for sure? cricke49
    John GeeWhiz
    Picked one up at a local pawn shop for $40-...Plugged it into my Carvin SX300 and it didn't sound bad! Pups sounded good, Pots and 5 way switch very sketchy...Oh Well, I bought it for the neck on a rebuild project...will keep the Pups and assorted hardware, the rest is going in the trash.