Raptor Stage Pack review by Peavey

Peavey: Raptor Stage Pack

The guitar has a great sound. It fit's my style of music perfectly! (Rock, hard rock, metal) The amp that it comes with is a great plus! A lot of people that I talk to say that if you get a guitar pack with an amp, that the amp sucks. But this one isn't so bad. Not so noisy either. You can get really good pinch harmonics on this guitar. The amp is only noisy when you use a distortion pedal and put that all of the way up.

It fit's my style of music perfectly! (Rock, hard rock, metal) I've been playing for four years now and it stands up right beside my Epiphone Les Paul 100. There was nothing really that I could have asked considering that I got it for my birthday. If it were stole or lost, I would probably buy another one, but not the pack. My favorite feature on this guitar is the sunburst color. Great for my taste. Nothing really that is bad about this guitar pack.

I've played this at Live gigs a couple of times through my four years having it. The hardware is still good, but the tremolo bar got bent a little bit towards where you screw it in so it doesn't go in as easily. The buttons still are good; it's just the straps that keep on going. I would depend on it if I went to a gig. I wouldn't bring a backup. The finish is still on there as if it just came out of the shop yesterday.

I did not find any flaws in this guitar. At least not from my naked eye. The pickups and bridge fit right into the guitar. Nice and snug. The top is bookmatched nice too. The only thing that I don't like, is when you slide, the frets are so far up that you hear a slight clicking noise in the amp. The pickup selector is good. Not noisy at all.

This pack is a great pack for a beginner. With features like: Raptor Plus EX electric guitar Transtube Backstage guitar practice amp Cable Gig bag Guitar strap Digital tuner Extra set of strings Picks Total Musician Series instructional DVD Guitar available in Red, Black, and Sunburst How can you go wrong? It has a Stratocaster body style, along with a Floyd Rose style bridge. There is two tone controls, along with a five way pickup selector. It has two single-coil pickups, along with one humbucker towards the bridge. The strap though is not the greatest. The day after I got it, it started to fall off, so I had to go get a new one.

GuitarPlayer716
    Johnny Quest wrote: i hate starter packs, buy a nice squier and a solid practice amp, like a micro cube and you're set for a year or two.
    This. I must admit that my first guitar came from a BC Rich starter pack...and that was an epic fail. I have since moved on to half-stacks, Fenders, ESPs and Gibsons...you should try it sometime, its awesome.
    JawrshyXD
    My first guitar was one of those fender squier starter packs. I learned to speedpick and several other techniques on that guitar including sweep arpeggios. Maaaaan those were some good times. I've heard this Peavy pack isn't so great though. Starters are only good for the first year or two anyway, but the reviews were highly informative =)
    Johnny Quest
    IKnowItsWrong
    I've had a Ibanez starter pack.. It could do for .. 3-4 years then the tuners started to fail on me ... and it could use some new pickups too
    JungIe
    rancidryan wrote: floyd rose style bridge? i highly doubt it
    yea i loled when i read that
    Armagedn
    It isn't FR, it's a set tremolo, like in a Strat. It's a good guitar, though. That's what our guitarist played for 5 years before buying a Les Paul. He still does rhythm with it sometimes. I don't know much about the amp, though. I think it crapped out after a few months and he got a Transtube 112...
    the_perdestrian
    I got one of these two years ago and stillplay it. Im looking at upgrading the humbucker in it though. I just recently sold the amp but it is still kicking around as tough as ever.