Rockmaster review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 4.4 Poor
Peavey: Rockmaster

Purchased from: Target

I'm kinda into Thrash & Shred Metal, and this particular guitar doesn't suit it very well. The Amp's Overdive is Horrible and if the Gutar's Volume knob isn't at 10, it buzzes quite badly. Changing the tone aslo causes extra buzzzing. The guitar does best with a clean sound or low overdrive, but without a differant amp, it's hard to get any other sound from it.

This guitar doesn't suit me too well, but its really just a cheap Starter Kit that I would recommend to someone who enjoys playing, but doesn't want to spend much money on their first electric. I haven't been playing too long, and already the guitar can't keep up with some of my demands. If I where to lose this guitar, I would probably buy a pricer one. More than anything I like the look, it's a got a nice strat-like apprearance. I don't like that it only has one humbucker, and I will be modding that soon. It doesn't have many features, but it's a nice guitar to have in case you don't want to bring out a more expensive one in fear of damaging it, or getting it stolen.

The strap buttons seem okay, although it may slip if use the stock strap or wear it funny. I would recommend replacing both the buttons and the strap at some point. The finish hasn't faded anywhere from I can see. I don't think I would use it in a gig, but for practice, it is pretty dependable.

From the factory, the set up was alright. I did some minor adjustments at the bridge, but the truss rod was perfect for me. The first time they shipped it, the sent the wrong color finish, but they replaced it for no charge. The materials of the guitar haven't let me down, although I probably wouldn't ever use it in a live show. The Shoulder strap is crap and began to shred right away, also the Amp -which is only 5 watts- isnt good for much eather. You can get it in all sorts of finishes, which is pretty nice, but nothing special.

Length: 39.5 "; Width: 15.2 "; Depth: 5.25 "; 7.0 Lb.; "Hand Crafted" in China; Full Size, Adjustable Truss Rod, Pick Guard, Hand Varnished, Right-Handed, Fretboard Inlay, Angular Body, 1 Humbucker, Chrome Stoptail Bridge, Solid Body Basswood, Maple Neck, Rosewood Frets, Tone and Volume Selector; Comes With Amp, Strap, R/W/B Picks; Amplifier Features: Overdrive, Headphone Jack, 5 Watt, Portable.

slashe50
    TheAbsentOne wrote: nailsarecruel wrote: Another quality UG review, I'd say. I do hope you're kidding.
    That's the point. Why the hell is this front page?
    djcody
    gl.tch
    >electric guitar review >strat-like appearance >acoustic guitar picture WAT.
    Time Seller
    I think this is a very good review, is that big hole where the amplifier goes? please reply thanks
    Ninja0King
    Lol what the hell? The photo they put on this article is absolutely not the guitar. Look on my profile to see the actual thing I reviewed.
    gunsn'roses123
    i did the same thing except i dropped it off the stage at one of the gigs. There was only a scratch, but you couldnt tell because of all the other scratches ive collected over the years.
    djcody wrote: my friend had this guitar and he dropped it. it landed on something that would probably break most guitars but surprisingly the damn thing didn't have a scratch on it.