Rockmaster review by Peavey

Peavey: Rockmaster

Purchased from: Target

It fits my style perfectly because it has a very thin neck which helps since I now get cramps playing my Strat. I use a Line 6 Spider IV 75 w amp and a Boss Distortion pedal. It has a great sound to it. Unfortunately after a few years you are going to have to re-sauder the jack that the cable goes into. I can make just about any sound I want to make when I play.

I play a range of music from hard rock to heavy metal. It is a great match for me. I have been playing for about 6-7 years now and I am a great rhythm guitarist. I own 6 other guitars: Schecter Diamond series Devil Custom, Montana acoustic, Polish handmade acoustic, Spectrum Stratocaster, and a custom V I built. Amps: Peavey Mace 120w and Peavey Mace bass speaker, Line 6 Spider IV 75 w, and a few little practice amps. I also have a Boss Distortion Pedal. I've always wanted my dads guitar originally because it was a completely custom guitar built for him, but he sold it. I would definitely buy another one if it was stolen, it IS my favorite guitar ever so far. I love everything about it other wise I wouldn't be making this review! My favorite part of the guitar is the neck because it is very thin. I compared it to all the other guitars I have and the best guitar I can play with is this particular instrument.

I have been using this guitar since 2007 and I can definatly depend on it. I only had to re sauder the jack this year, and its been awhile. I've also dropped it a lot and the sound has never changed.

Everything was in perfect condition when I got it. Once again after a few years, I've had this guitar since 2007, the jacks saudering WILL have to be replaced.

It was made in Japan. It has 20 frets, ebony neck, solid top, neck I believe is maple, it has a black painted finish to it, it has a tune-o-matic bridge, it only has 2 controls, the volume and tone, I put new pickups so they are Custom Seymor Duncans, Locking Grover tuners.

DirkDoesRock
    Who really cares where you get a guitar from? What an ass to ask that. And to the OP ~ thanks for the review.
    gunsn'roses123
    No problem! I actually ended up trading it :/ I got a Les Paul... Then traded that for a half stack hahaha, i know have a Schecter Omen 6, Jackson RR, fake strat still and a rare Schecter Devil Custom with the blood red finish. I still love the Peavey though, such a great guitar it was. Also all my new guitars (Omen, LP and RR) i spent far less than the Peavey haha
    malkemus
    Not too sure what's not to like about this guitar. I paid $100 on Amazon. I had to fix the fret edges with sandpaper, tighten all nuts, learn how to put proper intonation on it, and put new strings on it in the lower set of holes on the bridge to lower the action. These are all things a beginning guitarist should learn from the start anyway. I went on to make my own Strat style guitar with alumitone pickups. I still play the Rockmaster a lot, and like it quite a lot. Mostly I use the tones that come with Rocksmith 2014. Sounds great, plays great. I imagine I'll keep it for quite a while. I doubt the amp that comes with the aforementioned kit is much to speak of. I have a Four Force tube emulator for $100. Nice...
    Megafall
    i find it hard to take anyone who buys insterments at target sereously...
    gunsn'roses123
    i did and it is still the best gutiar i have. and i have other top of the line gutiars
    headbang123 wrote: who gets a guitar at Target?
    malkemus
    I agree with you, it is a really good guitar. I think many are hooked (brainwashed?) on the idea that you have to pay a lot to get a lot in a guitar. Well, if they have money to burn, why not?
    Lol Natures
    I had one of those, and still have it. It's a piece of shit, but a nice piece of shit. Decent starter guitar and better than one of the Squier Affinity series guitars. It's made of ****-knows-what and weighs nothing. When you stop caring about the guitar, fix it up how you want. Sand down the neck, repaint the body, change out all the parts, do whatever. If you screw it up, oh no. You're out about 50 dollars.