Rotor EX review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Peavey: Rotor EX

It may have been annoying to play, but when you finally got used to it, it could sound amazing. It's sound is full and rich, and could make a variety of sounds, excluding soft or clean. Mainy useful if you play metal music, but not anything else. That does not give this guitar much variety.

I play lots of kinds of music, and this only fits one: metal. It was heavy, annoying, frusterating, and just flawed. Also, this guitar, since it was made from mahogany, that made it heavy as HELL. But, there are some upsides! It sounds good, can last long, and, well, that's about it. If you are a heavy-metal headbanger who is very careful and can take the insane weight, this guitar is for you.

The hardware sounded good, and the guitar lasted. That is, lasted the one year I owned it. There were 2 major flaws with it. 1, the strap button nearer to the neck was smaller than the one on the end. So, about once a week, the strap would come off, and the head would hit the ground-hard. The second flaw: the strap button closer to the neck was not aligned properly, so if I let the guitar just hanf off of me, it would slide down so the head would hit the ground. Yeah.

It held up well, no fading, no chipping, and a good action. But, it was a bitch to play sitting down. You see, this guitar sticks out and up, and your arm would have to go over it to play, and that, well, looked bad and felt bad. This also meant that every time you turn around, it would hit something.

This guitar was bought used in 2007, and I had to sell it. It was made from solid mahogany body and neck. It's electronics are easy to use, but frustrating to get used to. It has a 3-way selector, and 1 volume dial, and 2 toner dials. To tune it, you had to use a Metric allen wrench, and it was very annoying to do every single time, even if it did help with the whammy bar.

'squatch
    im selling mine in decent condition, 125 ono mail me if ur intrested mr.pies@live.co.uk
    'squatch
    Thrashed wrote: irnmdn wrote: How do I tell between Rotor EXP and EX. I ordered EX for $250 online, the guitar I got has EXP on the headstock. It has floyd rose tremelo, 2 pickups, 3 way switch and 3 knobs, did I get lucky and get EXP guitar for EX (1/3) the price? No, you didn't. EXP doesn't have any tremolo system. Someone must have put an EXP neck on it though by accident
    not possible the EXP is a through neck, they are both EXPs except they have just been separated for easy finding, the better spec one is EXP limited edition
    atomicrock5
    I really want one of these and im willing to perchase one staight from peavey. any warnings? on the peavey website its $340 for red or black both w/ trem.
    Vic-Sox-Croll
    I'm Vic Croll, Concrete Sox guitarist (& founder member) & have been playing for 27 years. I have a red one of these & it's the best out-of-the-box guitar I ever played (I've had Jackson/Ibanez - good ones). The Peavey Floyd Rose is superb & never loses tuning + the Peavey pickups, IMO, are as good as EMG-HZs (my recomendation) or the Seymour Duncans I had in my Jackson. I have a soft spot for Explorers with FRs & this guitar is ideal. You CANNOT regret buying one of these...