Rotor EXP review by Peavey

Peavey: Rotor EXP

Purchased from: Ted Good Music

I play a lot of metal and hard rock and this guitar suits my playing style completely. I compared it to several Ibanez models and I chose this because this guitar matches my personality 100%. So far I've only been able to use a Peavey Valveking 112, and a small 10 watt practice amp with it and it sounds awesome. Since the body is full mahogany it has a very chunky low end and rounded high and mids. This guitar excels at lead and scorching riffs. With the floyd and the 3-way switch you can get some pretty neat sounds out of this guitar.

Since I play a lot of metal and hard rock, and this guitar was in black, I was tempted to try it out when I got to Ted Goods. To my surprise it surpassed my expectations and stunned me with how high of quality it has. I have been playing for about 4 years, and I have a Peaver Raptor EXP which is a great beginners guitar, but nothnig else. I asked everythnig I wanted to know before I bought this guitar so I would not be buying something I would have no clue how to use. If it were stolen or lost, I would not hesitate to buy it again. If I could not find the same model I would get a Peavey V-Type NTB TR in black. The thing I like the most about this guitar is its outstanding quality and playability. My favorite feature is the licsensed floyd rose which is absolutely stunning as I have used it heavily and I haven't had to tune once. I compared this guitar to 3 otehr Ibanez models and I was very dissapointed with them. In the end I went home with my new Peavey Rotor EXP. Peavey guitars are underrated and this is proof that they make excellent guitars, at an excellent price. Overall, I recommend this guitar for soemone who wants to play lead, or fast riffs.

I haven't tried yet but I'm sure this guitar will be able to withstand live playing as it weighs about 10 pounds and feels rock solid. The hardware is very high quality and will last for a long time, judged by experience with same hardware on other guitars. The strap buttons are also huge on this guitar. I bought strap locks with it but the screw is too small for the front of the strap peg, and so I only have 1 strap lock, which is on the back strap peg of the guitar. The finish is very thick and durable. It will last because I have already banged it once or twice and no dents, scratches or nothing.

The guitar was set up perfect at the factory, intonation and action was perfect and tuning was also perfect. The pickups were also very well adjusted, with the bridge slightly slanted to give extra treble for those crazy leads. I only give it an 8 here because there was one small flaw in the finish when I bought it but every guitar you'll find will have some small flaw in the finish. The hardware is satin black and matches the body paint color very well. This guitar was perfectly set up and tuned before it was shipped.

This is an Indonesian made Rotor EXP. It's got 24 frets, a floyd rose/Peavey liscensed tremolo, 2 high output humbuckers, 3-way switch, 2 master volume and 1 master tone pots. The body is all mahogany and the fingerboard is rosewood. The model I purchased is Black with white binding. The body looks strikingly like an Explorer but with extra cuts in the body. The pickup configuration is H/H. the tuners are grover and have rubber non-slip rings. The electronics are passive.

Kain_Doom01
    I have that guitar, and oh my god, it is so damn awesome XD It's sound is very VERY good through my Marshall, and I love it to death, the sustain is pro quality, and i bought it for 440$!!!
    GTB24
    that is one sexy lookin guitar i might consider buying one