T-15 review by Peavey

Peavey: T-15

It has a clean, somewhat twangy sound. It wasn't a very expensive guitar went I got it, as far as I know (it was a christmas present when I was 13) but judging by ebay they seem to at least doubled in price isnce that time and I expect they will continue going up.

It's a good guitar. Its smaller than many of my other guitars but that makes it unique to me. It has held up really well for 30 years and its a neat looking guitar too because not many people have them. My overall impression is that these were great guitars that sold for very good prices and while they have gone up in price I think they will probably continue going up in price as the years go on because they are unique and were only made for a few years in the early 80s.

I've had it for over 30 years and it looks close to new. The strap buttons are solid on mine. The hardware has lasted 30+ years. I play at places where acoustic-electrics are the norm so I haven't played out with this but if I do play at a place where electrics are more the norm I will bring this one as well as my Strat.

Action is fine now that I got it set-up. The only thing that is a little difficult is that the bridge is solid so when the intonation went out on it I couldn't fix it myself. The finish is good. Mine still looks almost new. Of course I haven't dropped it a lot or moved it much. It was in a case for many years. Mine is the classic colors-brownish sunburst with a off white pick guard.

The T-15 was my first guitar. My parents bought it for me when I was about 13. I still own it. The intonation had gone out on it so I brought it to guitar center and they fixed it. I've been playing it for the last couple months again and it brings back memories. The cases are really solid. My didn't come with an amp in the case. The case really protects the guitar though. They are solid. You could knock someone out with one of these cases. LOL. The guitar is very solid feeling too.

richardp_21
    Just bought a T-15 from a pawn shop in Myrtle Beach, SC... unfortunately it didn't come with the case. I have to say this is one of the best sounding guitars I've ever owned. For its age its in Great shape, honestly I think it might have just been stored and forgotten about. Body is in awesome condition, neck is nice and level both ways. All original parts and no static from the pots... but the best part is I only paid 75 dollars.. SWEET!!!!!
    Brian Krashpad
    The pickups are neither P-90s nor humbuckers. They are single-coil "Super-Ferrite" (iron magnet) pickups. They sound more like P-90s than humbuckers, since both P-90s and Super Ferrites are big-magnet single coils
    smokinone951
    I just scored a mint t30 from a friend that was hard up for cash, I paid $100, and so far it totally worth the money, I didn't get no case though, so if anyone has one for sale let me know, id like to have original packaging that this guitar was offered in