V-Type EXP review by Peavey

Peavey: V-Type EXP

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I play metal type of stuff, like Metallica and Pantera but I also play stuff like Led Zep and Santana. I even play some Beethoven. Works for all of them. I use a Drive CD 200 and it has built in distortion, sounds fantastic, not noisey at all. Has a nice full sound great sustain n what not. Everything about this guitar is great.

I play anything that sounds good to me, from Slayer to Beethoven. It works for all. I've been playing for 1 year and 7 months. Give or take. I have a Hohner Acoustic and a Drive 20 watt amp. If this were stolen. I would hunt the guy down. If I couldn't find him I would buy a new one. I'm actually thinking about buying a NTB series V-type. My favorate feature has to be the neck, it's really small so you can go super fast with alot of ease. I wish it had a Floyd Rose Original not a licensed one.

I would and will definatly take this to a live gig, its one of the most solid guitars I've ever played nothing on this guitar seems to budge at all. Would I take this to a gig without a backup. You bet.

Right out of the factory, it's was almost perfect. The Action was dead on, but the pickups were a little too high, but not too bad. I bought the refurbrished one, I can't tell why it was taken back to the factory, nor do I care, its great all around. I had some problem with the Floyd Rose, but it was my own fault, it's fixed now.

- Made in Korea - 24 jumbo frets with dot inlay - Solid top - 3 way selector with volume and tone - Dual humbuckers - Maple neck and rosewood fretboard. - Grover tuners

the_addict
    might I add that even if you get this as your 1st or 2nd guitar you won't need another guitar ever. the quality is amazing on the one I owned. Went through a series of trades/buying/selling until i stopped with my soloist. honestly it rivals the american jacksons today.
    kimahri1113
    I love this guitar. I have a brand new one, but it doesn't have any sort of tremolo. That doesn't matter though, because I don't need that. It's a freaking great guitar and I give it a 10 of 10. Great deal.
    FearBefore
    I have the V-Type EXP NT/ST. Amazing guitar. I have mine in white with the pearl edges and gold hardware and it looks so much nicer than you'd expect for the price I payed ($650 Canadian.) Ultra lightweight guitar. After playing an Ibanez RG for a few years before this, I was astonished when I first picked it up and felt the weight difference. Not a great set up from the factory, but nothing that a little bridge lowering and altering the truss rod couldnt fix. The finish on the guitar is flawless, however I'm not so sure it was the best for the back of the neck, my thumb tends to stick to the back of the neck, which isnt helpful when playing all over the fretboard. The reverse headstock was a great touch for an even greater guitar. I'll deffinitely be holding onto this one.
    the_addict
    Phillitalian wrote: ^ teh difference is that the tr has a trem and the st is fixed what size are the frets?
    those guitars come stock with jumbo frets.
    Jaeschke9
    All i can say after playing this guitar is, Wow. Very Fast everything about it is great... 10/10 cant wait till i get mine.
    jtbull
    if you get it with the trem its a great deal for under $300 used. too many other good guitars for the new price. neck is very fast, I must say i still prefer the older american vandenburgs and tracers though.
    REDS_RHCP
    People please tell me where did you buy this guitar. For some weird reason I can't find this guitar in the Netherlands. Can someone tell if there is a webshop for buying this one??? PLEASE