V-Type EXP review by Peavey

Peavey: V-Type EXP

I have no comment on the pickups that come with it from the factory, I got both guitars second hand with EMG pickup 81 and 85 already in them, I would say the tone of the wood is middle to treble tone, the body weight is average but it's a little more lighter sounding then a thick tone, both guitar sound nearly exactly the same ( minor differences hard tail vs Floyd rose). Neck thru body also gives good sustain. All the electrics are well shielded and well placed so no noise. I mainly play though VST and computer but also play Line 6 X3 & Carvin 1000 watt JCM 900 and 4 cabs mainly metal but also blues etc all sound great.

Sorry I have to give this a 10 for a cheap Korean built guitar this thing ROCKS, this level of VALUE and QUALITY is hard to get nowadays. I have 2 and the second one my brother took because he feel in love with it, the finish the action, the neck, the workmanship all top quality on both the guitars I have. If I lost my hard tail version I would get my Floyd Rose version from my brother if I lost that,.. I would be searching the next day for a replacement. A Korea made Peavey V-type will always in my collection. I think it's a classic just like a EVH, PRS, Strat, Les etc. It has its own personality maybe more in the metal area but a great guitar for a cheap price however you look at it.

Solid well build guitar I cannot see any problems for anyone. The head stock does have a steeper angle then normal so maybe a problem if you drop your guitar on its head regularly? I replaced the strap buttons with DiMarzio straps so no comment there. The paint again is top quality on both my guitars and cannot see any issues or areas of damage, the neck thru body construction is as solid as it comes, with excellent access to the higher fret board. The Floyd rose model also has nice pull back routing for those notes that are just a whammy bar pull up away from.

Very low action is the first thing I noticed on both guitars and all setup well, the flaming top on the red one is prefect, the white gloss paint is excellent add to this the excellent job done with the Abalone binding and the fret dressing and finish is better than some USA Fender's and Gibson's is own. I have to say the workmanship on these are of the highest standard well done some guy (or girl) in Korea. The neck is on the thinner side of the scale, giving very fast feel and a joy to play solos and chords on. This does feel to me like a rock shredding guitar but I can Imagen jazz or country player enjoy it too.

I have 2 of these wonderful guitars made in Korea. A Red flaming maple top one with a Floyd Rose and a white one hard tail I prefer hard tail guitar in general (trouble free guitar playing) so after I got the Floyd rose one, I kept an eye out for a hard tail version on eBay. Once I got the hard tail I let my brother borrow the red one cause he fell in love with it. The first thing that stands out is the Abalone binding around the whole guitar body and fretboard very well done and look amazing just hang it on the wall and WOW. Some may not like the body style but hey you're not going to buy it so who cares. If you do like the shape you will enjoy it even more once you own it.

sabbathdream
    I have one of these for sale from Scotland if anyone is interested - I have fitted EMG 81/85 set in it but i still have the original pick ups...
    pbikerharry
    Anyone on here on if the custom version of the vintage exp is USA made? and what a good example is worth in the UK PETE