V-Type USA review by Peavey

Peavey: V-Type USA

Price paid: € 400

Heavy Metal is the homebase of this guitar! I use this Powerstrat with my Hughes & Kettner Coreblade Halfstack. The Sound is very powerful and clear. I love the unbelievable sutain of this guitar and when you love overtones you will love this guitar! The Neck PU is ready for creamy and warm sounds. Incredible!

I play Metal and this is the real guitar for it! The Sound and the style is great. My dream is to own every color version of this V-Type. I own a Korean V-Type but this is a completely different instrument. The Koreans are great stuff but this American model is amazing!

This is a real live guitar! Lightwight and easy to handle. The neck is thin and it is real fun to play it! On this guitar are mounted security straplocks. I would use it live without a backup! The hardware is made for hard gigs. This guitar is made for heavy metal... For nothing else!

I've bought this guitar as used, but in very good condition. 2 years ago this one hangs new in a German store. I'm the second owner. This Peavey is processed very well! Perfect paint, perfect frets, perfect electrics and nice rubberized knobs for sweaty fingers.

Tangerine / Pearl Silver / Topaz Blue. The licensed FR Tremolo works very fine and the Pickups brings a lot of power. Best for Rock and Heavy Metal! The Bridge PU is a custom wounded ceramic loaded Humbucker. The Neck PU is a Minihumbucker, also custom wounded. Warm and creamy sound! One Volume and one Tonecontroller are mounted and between it is the 3 way switch to choose the Pickup configuration. The Tuner are Grovers. It have a great Inlay on the 12th fret. 2 PinUpgirls!

MarkoakaNiggaK
    Wow a salesman must have written this rewiev. I tried this one last week. Deserves a 8,6 for its price.
    whaip
    coreblade69 wrote: @m4ss3m/ Your comment is very helpful! F***** idiot!
    Well, so is yours. Btw, that is one ulgy guitar.
    rv_phoenix
    The review is enthusiastic, but thoroughly superficial. There's no way such an edgy guitar deserves a 9,4. In fact, such as the old ESP 907 it tries to emulate the concept, it is a sort of a nonsense: why would someone buy a guitar with two different types of humbuckers? If you want versatility, then you have the option of a guitar with a single coil at the neck and a humbucker at the bridge. (Please, don't answer two humbuckers are good for Metal. For that kind of Metal, one is enough.) And, as it happened with the original ESP 907, the neck humbucker sounds too beefy for the position, almost erasing any difference with the bridge. Btw, dear coreblade69 , the neck pickup is not a mini-humbucker. If you want to see how a mini-humbucker looks like and sounds like, check at an Epiphone Wilshire 1966. Your neck pickup is, in fact, a copy of a Hot Rail, a two blades humbucker of the size of a single coil. Don't write reviews unless you know what you're talking about.
    rv_phoenix
    coreblade69 wrote: BTW Im very happy, that you guys dont like this USA made guitar. So the chances increase to get one more of this rare guitar!
    I guess you have a wrong picture of the luthiers nowadays. The best of them are in Japan, not in the USA. Korea and China have very good luthiers too (all premium guitars manufactured in China for instance, are very good). Not to mention Canada and Europe: guitars like Godin, Zerberus, Dommenget, Patrick Eggle or Vigier are very hard to match by Americans. Don't flatter yourself. I'm sure it's not a bad guitar, I'm almost positve it's good one, but it's not the ultimate axe neither. It's nowhere close to it.
    SISO
    Ask Greg Howe for instance.
    SISO
    rv_phoenix wrote: SISO wrote: rv_phoenix wrote: why would someone buy a guitar with two different types of humbuckers? Ask Greg Howe for instance. Since I play a little better than him, I don't need to ask Greg Howe anything. If there's a Howe who can crush me at any moment, that's Steve, not Greg. As for Kerry King, unfortunately, everything he plays sounds the same. So he might have two different humbuckers (in some of his guitars: most of them are regular two humbuckers of the same kind), but he dosn't really need them. That's what I've wrote between the brackets, but some people only read what they want to. Pay attention: I didn't say KK is bad or I don't like him. I've just said that his two humbuckers are very similar, due to the amp's high gain.
    You play better than Greg Howe, and have better tone too, yeah sure. Is Richie Kotzen good enough for you? 'couse he played a fat strat with single coil sized humbucker in neck position. You're so full of yourself mate.
    rv_phoenix
    No, I'm not full of myself, I'm just experienced. There are quite a few Strats with Hot Rails in neck position. I myself had one of them a couple of years ago. The issue is not a Hot Rail in neck position (although many people agree it sounds too beefy for that position, which is better suited by warmer, lower-gain pup). The issue is a Hot Rail in neck positin and a regular humbucker in bridge position. Once again: it's an old design, it appeared somewhere at the end of the '80s in an ESP 907 (but ESP has mounted it at a 30 degrees angle, to get better dynamics and clarity on all 6 strings). 907's weak point was the lack of versatility, hence ESP has switched to a basic single coil/neck, humbucker/ bridge structure, as seen on many of Kirk Hammett's models. And yes, I play well, I make records, I have a good tone. I do it for about 30 years now. I also play on keyboards, percussion, blockflotte. I can read a Beethoven sheet: it's not arogance, it's the reality. I joined the UG in order to share some experience, not to take useless lessons from people who think that, if a guitar is made in the US, then it has to be good. Dodge cars are also made in the US. The world crisis is made in US too. I also thought I was clear this Peavey is good. But its reviewer is an amateur - check the "mini-humbucker" story - and his rating is way too high. That's it. A Hot Rail in the neck is a matter of taste, after all. If you like it beefy, then it's OK. Jimi didn't, for instance.
    sl1pk0t001
    wht da1 wrote: I reckon it looks a bit like the guitar Paul Gilbert used in 'technical difficulties'. just need some f holes and its ready for action! And other than the Fret inlays, it has an interesting,progressive shape. i kinda like it, but im not sure yet.
    It looks nothing like it (apart from the red color), and btw, the RG body shape is awesome this is just ugly.
    megadethfan 666
    or Kerry King. But seriously i remember when i first joined ug.com and they reviewed guitars worth reading about
    wht da1
    megadethfan 666
    dude Kerry King uses an EMG81 in the bringe and a Fernandes FSK-401 Sustainer combined with a EMG SA in the neck so yes you are full of yourself and you need to look into the stuff your talking about before you post it
    pato15
    rv_phoenix might indeed play better than him... just because a certain guitarist is more well known or whatever doesn't make them better! at some time Joe Satriani was probably mostly unknown - but he was crap of course because people didn't know him....
    Muzikmann
    This guitar is basically a Vandenberg series 3 with a fatter neck, like a Peavey Wolfgang or Gibson Les Paul. What's not to like? Every guitar is not for everyone. I personally like this one, especially with tens on it. And no, I'm not a guitar god, just a regular player, but this guitar suits my needs well and is a quality guitar.
    coreblade69
    rv_phoenix
    Since I play a little better than him, I don't need to ask Greg Howe anything. If there's a Howe who can crush me at any moment, that's Steve, not Greg. As for Kerry King, unfortunately, everything he plays sounds the same. So he might have two different humbuckers (in some of his guitars: most of them are regular two humbuckers of the same kind), but he dosn't really need them. That's what I've wrote between the brackets, but some people only read what they want to. Pay attention: I didn't say KK is bad or I don't like him . I've just said that his two humbuckers are very similar, due to the amp's high gain.