MS-15 review by Phil Pro

Phil Pro: MS-15

Purchased from: Music Bay, Folkestone, UK

This guitar and amp combination makes almost endless sound choices. The rhythm and middle pickup both have a warm, smooth sound when played gently. The lead pickup provides a treble, light pitch which is good when combined with the brit-Combo selection on the amp. The amp has 6 Built in effects (Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, tremolo, Delay and Reverb). It also features COSM (Composite Object Sound Modeling). This means that you can change the way the amp sounds. The choices are Acoustic, JC Clean, Black Panel, Brit Combo, Classic Stack and R-Fier Stack. Although good, this amp could have more effects.

I would like to be able to play fairly heavy stuff but that is almost impossible without humbuckers. It's worth starting off with a reliable guitar but don't go straight for the mac daddy. Leave your choices open and experiment with different sounds, leave something to impress you. If it were stolen I would definitely buy another one. This guitar isn't too wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzuuppppppp or in your face, but you know it's there. As far as beginning goes, this is perfect.

I would trust my life in the hands of this guitar (if it had hands). Totally reliable. Strap buttons are solid as concrete and the finish is extremely durable. I would take this to a gig without a backup. The strap buttons will probably hold on forever. It would definitely withstand Live playing.

Not much I can say about it to be honest. The finish is brilliant, it's kind of a Vintage sunburst. it's really rich and strong and hasn't worn at all. Only adjusted the action once to make soloing easier. The strings are almost constantly in tune without adjustment. Completely faultless.

I bought this guitar when I first wanted to start playing electric guitar. I couldn't have been happier with what I got. I'm not sure on all the details but I only got it as a starter. It came as a package which the shop offered which was extremely good value for money. It came with a strap, gig bag, a handful of picks, noiseless lead, tuner, spare set of strings (Rotosound pinks) and an amp which is a Roland Micro Cube. This amp is small as a car battery but very very loud. This guitar is more than all the other Strat copies because it is so reliable. It features 3 single coil pickups, two tone knobs, a volume knob and a 5 way pickup selector. I don't know what the woods are but the sustain is very long.