Jetstream 390 review by Reverend

Reverend: Jetstream 390

3-P-90 pickups and 5 way switch givethis guitar versatality uinfound in any other instrument I've ever played and I've beeen playing for over 40 years and bought and sold more guitars than you could ever imagine and this is the best sounding guitar I've ever played. It's like an American Deluxe Strat on Steroids.

You coulsd shop your whole life and spend thousands of dollars and never come up with a guitar that even comes close. If you ever get to play a Reverend you'll know why they have such a cult like following. Thers is NOTHING in the guitar world that comes close to the sound, feel and quality of this instrument and in my 40 years of playing (I'm 54) I have never been happier with any guitar I've ever owned and that includes my Les Pauls..(everyone had something that need to be fixed or adjusted) and My legion of American Strats. None of them came close to what this guitar can do..Check out the videos on you-Tube. This guitar has no cons that I can find and if it were stolen I would search the country for another and pay up 2 3 times what this cost me (if I had to) because they don't make this style anymore. I play rock(classic), jazz, blues and fusion and this does it all. If your into Death Metal-(does anyone over 15 play that??) then go but an ESP or a Schecter or Ibanez.

Joe Naylor-Owner and LuDesigner of Reverend Guitars builds the Muscle Car of the Guitar World. These guitars for the money are second to none. They are all set up in the Reverend shop in Michigan and signed on the bavk (actually initaled) along with a serial # written on the back. The archive at the Reverend website can date your guitar to tell you what year it was built by the serial #. Quantity is allways low on these guitars and they are hard to find for a couple of reasone. 1) athey only deal with limited numbers to maintain there extremely high standards and 2)every guitar and set up be hand by one guy and he checks EVERYTHING. when you open that box you have a "Gig-Ready" Guitar.

The set up at the Reverend shop where all there guitars are meticulously gone thru is second to none. This is a gig ready guitar right out of the box. Frets are glassy smooth. Intonation is dead on and the tremelo works flawlessly without any effect on tuning.

2007 model with Sunburst finish, Maple Neck and Fretboard, Wilkinson Tremelo, Locking Tuners and a Bass Contour control that lets you rolloff the highs without losing the treble. Incredible Quality Control. Made in S Korea and set up in the USA. Hard to come by guitars but if you can get to try one do so. You will be amazed.

AntwanL
    Jeez people are taking this SOOO out of context. This obviously refers to guitars in this price range. Hes comparing it to a $550 guitar, not a Gibson Custom Shop, or whatever else expensive you can dream up.
    eliolop
    I don't know if you own one or played one, but I can tell you from experience that the guitar I have surpasses my top-of-the line Gibsons and Fenders. My next guitar will be another Reverend.
    ktrogm
    iamjinkazama wrote: what the hell is going on?! a 10/10?! for $549?! looks like you were paid.
    so you saying the less it costs, the lower out of 10 it should be? no. The score is based on the quality you get for the price, so at $549 it may not be comparable to a 2k guitar quality wise, but at 1/4 of the price you cant expect it to be.
    theknuckster
    If your into Death Metal-(does anyone over 15 play that??)
    lost all my respect for you right there
    eliolop
    I recently bought my first but certainly not my last Reverend. As a dedicated 'Fender guy' I was surprised to find that the guitar beats out both Fender and Gibson. I own seventeen guitars and my new Eastsider S has become the go to guitar. If you're serious about your guitar playing and want value-for-money, Reverends exceed that. What you get for a fraction of the price is a guitar better built, with more tonal variations, and individuality than any of the big three. Best to get one now as they are quickly becoming better and better known so along with the upcoming trade war the asshole in the WH is threatening the prices will rise. You'll be glad you got one.
    Andy81
    Sounds like you own the company. On the demo of the guitar it even uses that same expression "Imagine an "S" style guitar on steroids". Very biased
    eliolop
    No it's not biased. Apparently you don't own a Reverend. I bought my first one recently and plan on more. These guitars provide more value than the top 3 guitar makers.
    Optipotimus
    i have played a Reverend. a higher end one that this one but it wasn't close to a perfect 10. i don't trust this review
    Pocopot
    I wish we could ban fake reviews. I played one at our Axe Music store a couple years back It felt unbalanced but that's probbly because I wasn't use do it. It had a bigger sound than I expected. I'd give it an 8/10. Can't remeber what it sold for.
    jem77gmc
    geez, horrible, i mean absolutely horrible review. No other guitar can come close? so biased, no one is at liberty to say what the "best guitar" is, a steve vai guitar, a john petrucci musicman, a high end prs, or a gretsch white falcon, sure those are some guitars above a lot of the rest, but i could never factually state which one is "best"