Volcano review by Reverend

Reverend: Volcano

Purchased from: Backyard Guitars

This guitar has a very warm and rich sound that is great for jazz on the clean channel of an amp, but when I plugged it into a Marshal Stack (model unknown, it is my friends) but on overdrive, it has an awesome, ball-smashing tone. II play more metal, progressive rock/metal and so on, and this guitar is perfect for it. It also has very strong harmonics, and they resonate very well. The guitar has very little unnecessary noise on overdrive, but almost none when clean.

I play more hard rock, progressive, etc. and It matches great! I'm in my 3rd year playing, closing in on number 4, and it is a great intermediate guitar. I would definitely buy this again if anything were to happen to it just because the whole guitar is great! If it had a little grippy feature on the side so you could play it like normal, that would be great! I also wish it had a Floyd Rose bridge option, or some sort of locking whammy standard, but oh well!

Trust me, this guitar can take the stage in a hurry! Everything about it will last a show, except for maybe the whole smashing part at the end. The strap buttons are really really stuck on there, so get a good strap, because these won't break. The finish is a choice of midnight black, honey, and cream, which are all very impressive. All finishes have a black headstock, which is a very good match with the other colors.

This guitar was pretty uc perfect. Reverend is a company concerned more with quality, rather than quantity. I had use of it once before a performance, and I found nothing wrong with it. It was completely in tune when I pulled it out of its specially designed case.

This guitar has 22 medium-jumbo frets laid in a rosewood fret-board on a solid korina neck. This guitar is made of korina, and is very light, but still quite substantial. The body is a V style with one tip of the V extended further than the other. It does have a Tune-O-Matic bridge, but you can have it replaced with a German Precision roller bridge. It uses custom volume & tone, Bass Contour, 3-way controls for two Reverend humbuckers, output/tone calibrated for each position. It uses Wilkinson EZ-Lock tuners. The only downside is that the shape does not allow you to set it in your lap to play like you normally would, but it is very easy to get used to.

Stevegio
    Reverends price for a Korean guitar is as much for many of there models as a brand new American Strat or a Brand new Les Paul only they aren't made in the USA and they are NOT worth the price. I used to think my JS390 was the greatest guitar in the world but at 9lbs I have changed my mind. You can't buy a new Reverend with a case for under a grand ($1,000), and some go for $1,500!! I trade mine for a Parker Nightfly M and I have never been happier and I'll never buy another Reverend. They have absolutely NO RE-SALE VALUE AT ALL.If you buy one plan on owning it for a very long time because you won't get a fraction of your money back. There not a "bad" guitar just no where near what their asking for them.
    Stevegio
    Reverend is the best kept secret in the guitar world..too bad the price is catching up with the quality..I still think the JS390 is the BEST guitar made in the WORLD!!!