Les Paul Custom review by Richwood

Richwood: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: eBay

It suits my style well. I play rock/punk/punk rock music. It sounds great on solo's and power chords believe it or not. I use a basic 15 watt amp when I'm on my own with heavy distortion (low-0, mid-10, high-10). It sounds just like any Gibson I've ever heard, if not better!. The pickups are more powerful than normal humbucker pickups which is an added bonus and like all Richwood guitars, it plays beautifully.

I play rock/punk music and it definaely fits it well. I've been playing about a year now, I have a Zoom 2020 FX pedal, 2 amps (15 watt, 80 watt) a 5 watt mini amp and other accesories. No, I really didnt need to ask anything about it. If it was stolen I'd probably try and buy another if not, I get a White Richwood Les Paul. I love the feel of this guitar, it feels so right. I really don't hate anything about it, apart from the fact that it's heavy but all Les Pauls and Les Paul copies are. I'd of liked it to of had pickup covers but I can buy them.

This guitar will definately withstand playing live! The pickups as I said before are stronger and better than normal humbuckers so you should have no problems with them. The hardware has lasted longer then I thought it wood, it still looks like new! As I mentioned the strap pegs/buttons were a bit loose at the start but with about a 5 minute job they are no problem now. I can depend on it yet but with all guitars you should take a back up, it doesn't matter if it's a Behringer V Tone or if it's a Gibson SG. You should always take a backup. The finish will last a long time, it's very well made.

The action was very good on this guitar when I first got it. I haven't needed to change it at all. The pick ups were perfect as well. It was all well fitted and I had no problems with it, just a minor one, the belt strap pegs (where you attach your strap) were a bit loose but didn't need to be tightened up.

This guitar was made recently (2004-2005) and was definately made in Europe (Germany I think). The set-in Nato neck has 22 frets, with a sonokelin fingerboard, into which the Gibson style block inlays are set. The gold 'Tune-O-Matic' bridge and tailpiece set this guitar off beautifully. The pickups are controlled by 2 volume and 2 tone pots, and a 3-way selector Switch (exactly the same as a Gibson). The pick-ups are Jimmy Page (Led zeppelin) humbuckers. The body (Les Paul model) is tobacco sunburst and its finsihed with a flamed top. It looks stunning.

eggythump
    Excellent review but "I'd have [of] liked it..." and "definitely"!!! Are they made in Korea?