Telecaster review by Richwood

Richwood: Telecaster

Purchased from: strings and things

First of all,I love this guitar. I have played millions of other guitars, from Peavey to Gibson and I must say I ENJOY playing this one. I love to play RHCP and Led Zzeppelin. I bought an Roland Cube 15watt amp to start with, it contains 4 Drive modes. When I play it dead-clean on the ryhtm pick-up it sounds exactly like John Frusciante in my ears. What I find strange, I don't know if every guitar has it, I can push my rythm-pickup down!

I play RHCP a lot and not only does the guitar make me think of RHCP it sounds like it. I've been playing a year now. I only have this Telecaster and a wooden piece of acoustic arse. I would get another Telecaster because I just love the sound and the looks. I wish I had more frets and a Tremelo bar.

I wouldn't trusth the guitar completely live. It seems very solid and it's very heavy but a bit too heavy. The strap buttons are pretty good but my strap is kinda wearing off. I would use a backup at a gig. Just because that way I would have 2 guitar's. And 2 guitars are more than one!

The action is small but just not to small so I like it. There's a very noticable diference between the 3-tone's you can select from. The pickguard wasn't cut out perfectly, it was really messy on one side.

Made in China -21 frets -Solid-top -volume, tone ,3-way selector -1 Ryhtm Pickup/1 lead Pickup -Passive electronics -Tele-style -Tele-style bridge -Non locking tuners -Thin neck -Maple Included-Gig bag -Strap -Cable -Guitar-stand

punk4punk
    i'm looking for a left handed tele style guitar what does anyone recommend? +it has to be quite cheap