Les Paul Custom review by RJ

RJ: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: RJ

The Les Paul is my dream guitar ever since I first learned to play the instrument. And Slash is my guitar hero. I like the Les Paul for it's simplicity. No whammy bars, nothing special. Just a bare, butt-kicking guitar that can blow away any amp. This suits my playing style which goes from heavy metal, hard rock, or blues. No dive bombings nor complicated sweeping, nor tapping and other exotic techniques, just simple playing. Just like Slash. but I don't know my friend has a epi les paul and I can admit it mines sounds better (not because I own it).

I've have been playing 15 years. I think this is the last guitar that I will ever buy since I already have 7. I think I already have all the basic sound guitars and it's versatility. Thanks to my Nighthawk (for all purpose sounding guitar). Gibson Les Paul(Expensive but it's Gibson), Fender (what can I say), RJ Rocker (the guitar I use when it's time for some metal sounds), and RJ Les Paul (the best sounding guitar I have used for blues, hard rock, and other softies and Jazz musics). But again Who would buy that if you could get the same quality for only $190?

I got this guitar for barely 2 weeks. I still have to experience it with 40watts Marshall amp during one of our gigs. There is a 6 months warranty though and I think that is good.

The pickups need some height adjustment to get the proper volume when switching from bridge to neck. I didn't notice any fret buzz. Mine has a tobacco burst finish with tiger stripes, very beautiful. It look exactly like the Gibson Les Paul Standard.. but I think the sound is better! cause Gibson's are in mass production this guitar was only made once 1 month (the sales person says so).

The Les Paul is the latest addition to RJ's line of custom guitars. It is made in the Philippines but the components are imported from the US. It has a maple arched top with mahogany body and a rosewood finger board. It has 22 frets with pearl inlays. The same 4 knobs in a Les Paul and a 3-way pickup switch. The humbucking pickups have alnico magnets and were said to be imported from the US. All in all this is a very good copy of the Gibson Les Paul model.

waranghira
    black_crowe wrote: to be honest I love Philippine made guitars or guitars that are made with Philippine wood. Unless we remove the paradigm "GIBSON AND FENDER = BETTER" we wont be able to see or hear the greatness of an RJ.
    the wood's USA maple. but, I trust that it's a quality guitar (just from reviews) better than epis.
    kamui
    you are right guys. i have just bought rj les paul last week and it rocks. i own an epiphone les paul and, in my opinion, this is much a better guitar (as for price and quality) you definitely must buy one of these
    vince.mondi
    IMO, a Gibson Les Paul Standard might sound better. Specially when you age both (Gibson LP Standard & RJ LP). But yeah, RJ has good wood.
    Normozoidz
    dude ur so biased!!!! honestly i hate breaking it. these guitars are fine, but honestly compared to it's price and durabilty i don't think that this guitar should score like you did. i'd rather buy a 2nd hand kramer or aria proII. btw philippine mahoganny is better than western mahoganny
    black_crowe
    batiboy06
    dont you have pictures for this?? we can also judge these RJ's by the looks you know
    Guitarman334
    where did you get your guitar which branch in philippines i am planning on getting one too this summer
    Guitarman334
    what type of wood is it im just asking is it agathis or mahogany or basswood or what?
    !Gitah!
    How Much in Php? And Where Did you get? I only know 2 RJ stores Megamall and MOA. I'm trying to pick my first electric guitar pls reply.
    vince.mondi
    !Gitah! wrote: And do They have it in the "K-On Sunburst"? Just asking.
    There are RJ stores in SM Southmall and Glorietta 5. LPs are their "Blues Breaker" model. Around 11,000-15,000 PhP, if I remember correctly. I think I saw a sunburst once.