Les Paul Custom review by RJ

RJ: Les Paul Custom

Stock Pickups are pretty decent. Currently using this with a 18-watt amp and a Zoom G2. Has quite a feedback when high gain but that's expected. Pickups are good for bluesy tones, mainstream rock stuff or songs using heavy chords.

You'd love this guitar if you're looking for that Vintage tone. This guitar can also do modern rock and is great for songs with heavy riffs. I can't stress enough how nice the finish is and the stock pickups hold their own as well. My only beef is how this guitar was assembled. I don't know if I just bought a badly assembled one but to be sure just have this set-up and you'll get a pretty decent LP. I'd probably buy one again If my guitar if gets lost/stolen. You'll get a guitar that has alot of potential for a very cheap price. I would definitely recommend this for those who are looking to own an LP or for a beginner looking for a decent guitar.

Had this guitar for a few years already, it seems sturdy enough. I accidently dropped this once and it wasn't even scratched. Chrome hardware still looks good. Screws didn't rust that much. I would recommend changing the tuners though, had a minor issue with the stock ones. Just have this set-up and you could totally depend on this without backup. Finish seems to last as well.

Guitar was horribly set-up at the factory. Lots of string buzzes and dead strings at the higher frets. Pickup height wasn't properly adjusted as well. The nut wasn't properly attached. Also had tuning issues with it, some of the strings would go out of tune after a day or two. Also had significant feedback at higher gains. Nothing a luthier can't fix. Try to adjust the action or have this professionally set-up first before trying to gig with this. The finish is surprisingly good. Very nice glossy black finish. This guitar is also pretty heavy.

Body is made of Alder, neck is made of Mahogany with Rosewood fingerboard. Very nice glossy black finish. Set-neck with 22 frets. Chrome MIK Hardware (Tune-O-Matic style bridge, Gotoh style tuners). Passive electronics with 2 Metal-covered Humbuckers. 2 Volume and 2 Tone Control. 3-way Selector. Typical features of a LP copy. Mine came bundled with a regular soft-case, guitar strap, guitar pick, 10-watt practice amplifier.

bechhoe1
    I bought one in 2004 and I must say that RJ guitars are very very good. I own several Custom Shop fenders, Dusenberg, Gibson and yes RJ guitars are pretty good. I only own a very good Tokai LP which I bought 1200 E and I must said that the RJ 150 E is may be better. Of course one need to change the Electronics personaly I put P54. Harware is pretty good and th guitar stay tuned. Overall I highly recommend RJ guitars.