Electric Guitar System review by Robson

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Robson: Electric Guitar System

Purchased from: Future Shop

I play rock and metal mostly, but this guitar can pretty much play it all. Being a beginer guitar it has good flexibility, I notice quite a bit of fret buzz when playing a but fast, but nothing that will hinder your learning. I have used it with a 30w Line 6 Spider and it sound really good. I was suprised at how well it sounds.

I got this guitar for christmas this year, this is the only one I own, but I have played an Epiphone SG 410 and Ibanez RG 170, and this can stand its own against both of them, not very well, but it can. I highly suggest this to someone starting out, it is a great little package for a good price.

I would not use this live at all, but it is not meant to be used, so no problems there, the strap buttons are stronger than the ones on a Fender Stratocaster, my brother complains about them often on his Fender, but I have no problem with these. No paint problems as of yet.

One problem I have with it is the volume and tone controls are very lose, but still repsond well. Like any guitar, I strongly reccomend switching the strinfs as soon as you get it, luckily, it comes with sone extra.

Being a basic beginer guitar. It has nothing special, but nothing to be needed, with 21 frets, rosewood fretboard, black Stratocaster like body, 5-way pickup selector, 2 tone and one volume control. It has the basic 3 single coil layout that the Fender Strat does, it looks nice too. But it goes out of tune quite easily. It comes with everything you need, amp, cable, picks, strap, etc.

pjack
    i don't think this guitar can stand a ibanez (g)rg 170 (dx)
    razordimeback
    this guitar sounds like hell, my friend has one, it's even worst than the worst squier, you better buy something a bit more expensive, because you will be bothered really fast with this guitar, and it comes from futur shop so you weren't hoping something good right?
    heavymetal13
    Well, put it all together, futurshop sells games, computers, and gaming systems. Not to mention some nice sterios, but honestly, why would you buy a guitar from this place?