Electric Guitar System review by Robson

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Robson: Electric Guitar System

Purchased from: Futureshop

It's very useful for heavier music as the amp is fuzzy. Works nicely for metal and hard rock. You have to really twiddle with the amp to get the right sound and even then it's hard to get a good one out of it. Buy a new set of strings. The ones it comes with sound lousy and don't stay in tune. I got myself a nice set of Ernie Ball's and it sounds much nicer. The strings make a vibrating noise on the frets every once in a while, but not distracting enough to matter. The guitar has a dull sound generally, but good for a beginner.

This guitar is great for any beginner despite the style. This was my first guitar, and I'm selling it now, as I got myself a BC Rich Warlock Bass. I would've preferred a better guitar for sound quality, but I'd have wrecked whatever I got since I was just learning. I'm going to miss this guitar when it's gone, and will keep missing it until I buy a new one (probably going for a Peavey V-Type Exp). I love the fact that it served me well for my first guitar, even with all the problems. I just wish it was better quality, but for the price, I'm not complaining.

This guitar is tough. It takes dings easily, but it lasts. The strap buttons aren't going to move on you and the guitar has been through almost two years with no major problems. I wouldn't use it in a gig due to the sound, but it will last plenty for a beginner.

My guitar came with a crack in the laminated top, near the neck. The action was a little messed up (I had to adjust this). The pickups were fine, I adjusted them to get a little more variety of sound. The wood quality is pretty bad. I looked at the inside and it looks like some kind of plastic/wood compound. The cable plug-in nut was loose, so I tightened this with a ratchet. The second fret sticks out and catches my finger when my hand slides past it.

Nice looking Strat style guitar. Beginner set and comes with 15W amp. It's a laminated top with a 21 fret rosewood fretboard. Mine was a solid black finish. Has three single pickups, two tone knobs and a volume knob. Comes with CD, soft gig bag, strap, cable, picks and an extra set of strings.