Electric Guitar System review by Robson

Robson: Electric Guitar System

Purchased from: Best Buy

This guitar wouldn't be too good to use in a gig. it sounds fussy and cheap when the volume is cranked up it's made more for practicing. The strings sound a lilttle fusy and I suggest that you Switch them. The one thing that I don't like is that the amp has no distortion features on it so I can't really rock out with it.

Overall I think this is a great guitar for beginners. It comes with a nice amp and everything you will need to get started except for a stand and a tuner but other than that this guitar has seved me well and I will continue to use it until I improve my skills and get a knew guitar, which will probably be a Fender.

This guitar was made for begginers that at fiorst wont be too carful with their guitar. It can definetlly take a dent or two. You don't havee to woorry about the strap buttons they are on there so good that they'll never move. I would not suggest using thsi in a gig it is far too cheap.

This guitar came fully assembled. I made some minor adjustments to the strings, the pickups, and I had to tighten the cable connection on the guitar. It can take dents and knicks without messing with the sound of trhe guitar. It came to me with the neck a little bent so I had to gt a few adjustments on that but other than that it came to me in great shape and might need to be fixed every once and a while. Also the strings come out of tune easily and need to be tuned often.

I just bought this electic guitar form best buy. I got this because I am a beginner and I didn't want to spend to musch money on a guitar. This is an okay guitar. It was made in China. Mines a solid black with a white pick protecter. it has 21 frets. It seams as if the body and neck of the guitar are made of a wood/plastic compound. It came with a 10-watt amp, cable, extra strings, the guitar, a soft case, picks, and a strap. It has one volume knob and 2 tone knobs.

Wolfsblood138
    Ivs switched out the bridge pup with a Dimarzio Super Distortion and got a better amp now the guitars not too bad. The amp is complete crap though.
    tomrock
    Thinking about buying one at BestBuy and researched it, guess for a beginner you cannot go wrong with this guitar kit and they also have a website now = robsonmusic.com.
    OhSoInsane
    ur right tom, this was my first guitar and i dont regret buying it, its really good for beginners. Just the amp sucks but get yourself a zoom g2 or something and ur good to go
    DevilsDance76
    I was walking around best buy today....and spotted this immitation I tried it out.....lots of fuzz. I think it's all from the amp and cheap dollar store cable though
    Hate666
    lol... well i can tell you all somthing... lol i bought a robson guitar/amp combo a long time ago and ive been stuck with it for the past 2 years... its a peice of crap and would never recommend it nothing on it sounds right and the (overdrive) on it isnt really even overdrive its just a boost button yes it makes it sound heavier in a way but the pickups in the guitar are crap so it really dosn't make a difference it just sounds like a peice of crap and all the notes when you play it from the frets for 1.are all mixed together for 2.fuzzy and for 3. the guitar just sucks even for $100... like seriously you could just save up a few hundred more and get like a bronze warlock or somthing lol....
    Shread_6009
    dude... future shop wtf? even shitty knockoffs from cheap little music stores are better, save ur money and buy an epiphone or a squier or maybe an ibanez artcore
    los92
    man not all beginners wanna go and spend that much money.... they might not even end up like playin the guitar so u can take that epiphone or squire and shove it right up your ASS
    adriann_13
    hahah my mom bought me this guitar cause we have liek no money.. it really is not that good when you get it.. although if you fix up the action, change the strings, straien out the neck (w. Allan Key) and tweek the tone and knobs on the amp, its actually fine for starting up. who needs an expensive guitar just for starting out, when you can buy something cheaper as long as it is in tune . it doesn't sound pretty, but ive had mine for a couple of years and it works fine for a starter. I now am reffing competitive soccer, and am buying a mexican fender tele. so just stick with it for a bit, save up some money, practice pracice practice, then buy a better sounding guitar
    Comma-tic
    I believe this guitar is a good instrument to begin playing. Lets face it; most of the people that start learning an instrument will drop it the first year. It can be argue that having a nice instrument to start with. But dont try to make jealous your friends with it. From mine, I can make some good sounds. It takes a lot a tweaking, though. I suggest changing the strings, the pickups and the saddles of the bridge. I tried to adjust the action and one of the screws came off, so bad is the quality of the saddles. The guitar is very poor isolated. Check also the height of the frets. Mine had one higher that the rest. If you like to take things apart, you can start with this guitar, and since it is a really cheap guitar, you wont have to be overly careful.
    localguitarhack
    The reviews aren't great on this guitar. I Googled the name after finding one in a garbage today. The neck is warped. I think I'll put it back where it belongs..LOL