Master Pack Review

manufacturer: Robson date: 06/23/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Robson: Master Pack
Solid Body arch-top design, Plain Top cherry sunburst finish, 22 frets, non-locking tuners, TOM bridge, Passive electronics, basswood body, rosewood fingerboard, .9 factory strings.
 6.5
 8.6
 4.3
review (1) pictures (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Master Pack Reviewed by: BigDwii, on june 23, 2009

Features: I'm not so sure what year it was made but bought in the September 2007. It' probably older then that. Probably made in Korea or China. Again I'm not sure about the origin of this instrument, however it's features were good for a beginner guitarist such as me. Solid Body arch-top design, Plain Top cherry sunburst finish (looks pretty good), 22 frets, non-locking tuners, TOM bridge, Passive electronics, basswood body, rosewood fingerboard, .9 factory strings. It's the usually Les Paul Copy you expect to get. Then they gave more (which is why it's called a pack). It also included a decent 15-watt amp, a tutorial CD which I don't use, a nylon gig bag, black nylon guitar strap, extra set of guitar strings which I never used, guitar picks, and an instrument cable. All of these things are perfect if your starting out and you want to save some dough for other things. // 10

Sound: I gonna give this a 9 as a beginner guitar stance. It's actually really good for it's price. Going into guitar with a metal taste, I played some rock but mostly metal. This guitar being what it is did it quite well. To juice it up a little I just bought a Uber Metal Distortion Pedal and a set of .11's. Bring down to Drop C and it does fine. The passive pickups are what you expect. The neck is probably overall better then the bridge as the bridge pickup is a little bassy/muddy. Pinch Harmonics are difficult to do and can only be done on certain locations but you get what you payed for, right. I stick this thing to neck position and it pretty much a good guitar. I'm waiting 'till Christmas time so I can stick an 81 in the bridge. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory settings were ok. But I don't want to complain because not all guitars are going to come out of the box perfect. I just fixed the pickup height, put on some .11's, fixed the action, adjusted the truss rod, and got rid of some unwanted fret buzz. The paint looks really nice. Any scratches I see on it now are entirely my fault. The frets were cut very well for the price. The only complaint i can tell you about is the loose jack. You got to twist it some times. Overall the factory set up could have been better, But that's always an issue with cheap guitars. At least I'm not giving it a 4. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I know for sure this guitar would do well for playing at home, but Live. I'm not to sure. That's why I gave it an 8. Of course any musician who is going to whale on there guitar is going to need things such as strap locks and such. However if your a full time musician then I don't think you would buy this guitar. For a beginner or a guitarist Who puts on his head phones and rocks out, then this is reliable. Even if you go out for a small show then you should be fine. If you are getting serious then it's time to move on unless you modify this guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: I am overall impressed by this guitar. At first I was thinking this is nothing compared to a ESP, Jackson, Ibanez and other big brands. But then I hear of all the complaints from people saying the frets were crap or the pickups suck balls. Hearing this makes me realize that this guitar actually is pretty darn good for the price you get it at and all the accessories you get with it. I just play in my room and let me tell you that this is one good beginners guitar. If your looking at this guitar to start out then good luck finding on because I don't think Best Buy has anymore. They sold the black Strat copy guitar and this master pack. Robson suprised me with this Les Paul Copy. Can't wait to stick a new bridge in it. Maybe an X2N or an 81 of I have the money. // 9

Comments