EFT22 review by S101

S101: EFT22

Purchased from: eBay

The guitar has a beautiful sound. I play country and blues, and I can get great twang for the country on the bridge pickup, and nice blues tones on the neck pickup. I'm using a cheap 15 watt amp, and even through it, it sounds very good. Clean, this guitar is smooth and beautiful. A bit of distortion sounds good too. The guitar is very quiet, which is surprising for single coil pickups, but I'm happy about that! There is a bit of buzz on high volumes, but that's normal. The guitar is versatile for a variety of tones, but I don't think it's what a metalhead would want. Very good sound overall, comparable to some guitars costing hundreds more. My god, what sound!

This is the perfect guitar for me. After 3 strats, I've finally got the twangy guitar I've always wanted. I've been playing for two years now, and have always wanted a tele, but could never afford a Fender. Then, I heard about S101. Right now I've got 3 cheap Strat copys (Squier, Peavey, and ION), and this guitar beats them all hands down. If it were stolen, I'd want another one for sure. I love how the guitar suits my style perfectly, and my god, such amazing sound! People, don't be fooled! Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's bad! S101 just doesn't know how to market their instruments; they could charge $250 for this guitar, and even that would be cheap. I've tried a MIM Tele, and to be honest, I like this one much more, in terms of sound, and playability. Great guitar, check them out! I don't have anything bad to say about it!

I think this guitar could withstand a gig. If you start being an idiot and smashing it against walls, then it probably won't, but if you don't do that, you should be good. The hardware all seems decent to me, and it stays in tune well. If I were to use this guitar for a gig, I would probably bring a backup (you never know), but I'm almost certain I wouldn't need it. The finish seems durable.

The guitar was well set up, action was perfect, and the pickups were adjusted to my liking. Everything was done perfectly at the factory, the original strings weren't great, so I replaced them the night I got it, and it sounds much better now (let's be honest, stock strings usually suck). Absolutely no flaws in terms of finish, I don't know how great the wood is, as the guitar is pretty light, but it doesn't seem to be a problem as the guitar sounds great. Pots and Switch are all smooth. Very easy to play, the frets aren't rough at all.

Typical Telecaster, made in China by S101 (probably in 2006 or 2007), rosewood fretboard, maple neck, alder body, Tele style bridge, 3 way pickup selector switch, one tone dial and one volume dial, one bridge pickup and one lipstick style neck pickup, like every other Tele. White finish. White 3 ply pickguard (white-black-white). Regular tuners, no specific brand. It's an exact copy of a Fender Telecaster in terms of features. The makers in China did an amazing job on this thing!

YYZX
    DIS GUITAR IS BETTA DAN GIBSON FENDER IBANEZ DEAN PRS ESP PARKER EPIPHONE AND ALL OTHER GUITAR BRANDS - FACT.
    GasGuzzler
    Just bought a Roland Micro Cube. This guitar sounds great through it, with a bit of reverb. It definitely has the tele twang nailed, perfect for country, and whoever rated it a 1 on the user rating thing obviously has never played it. It's an excellent guitar.
    YYZX
    wtf? > Related Products: Stainless Destroyer Comfort Grip Wheel 15' 22 Degree Dish - BoatersWorld.com Stainless Destroyer Comfort Grip Wheel 13.5' 22 Degree Dish - BoatersWorld.com Salomon F22 Snowboard Boot Mens - Backcountry.com
    figerade
    I got one of these a month ago, and it rocks. I am going to put a Strat P/U in the neck!