Avion AV3 review by Samick

Samick: Avion AV3

Purchased from: Musical Strings And Things

I play mostly thrash and speed metal, perfect fit. But my clean tone isnt that great, my clean tone is kinda rough. It's pretty noisy when your not playing sometimes if the volumes up high but that just might be a siting on my amp or something. For a low price guitar, it has a good quality, it sounds good with a pinch harmonic it can really get some big bends and make it scream but it cant hold some notes that long and the bends don't last along time but long euogh for me. This guitar is made for metal or rock but I dont think it could handle any other style.

Like I said I play thrash metal, and speed metal its a pretty good fit I love it. I've been playing for about 2 years, and I'm looking to upgrade to a Jaskson, BC Rich, or? I hate the factory set up though its such a beaitful guitar but the set isnt that great. I love the finish its one of my favourite thing about this guitar thats why I cry when I see the chip (not really). It's a great for a guitarist whos been playing for awhile but doesn't have a lot of dough. I love it really, but I still want to upgrade.

I would relie on this axe anytime live, though I probably shouldnt, and I have before. But it seems like it's not gonna last 'till it's to old to be used, or that'll just come soon. But I still love it, its a good match for me. The strap really bugs me, it falls off alot and the nail spriped it by bbending so I used so wood glue (I think thats what it was) and now its fine for now.

The only thing I find is a problem I run into alot is the set-up with the controls and knobs and tuner heads, but I replaced the tuning heads because I broke one off, now I got Grover (there hella tight). The one thing that made me most mad was my 14th fret on the low 'e' string wouldnt play so I took it back to the store I bought and they adjusted the brigde. The action is very smooth, for me anyways. The finish is amazing though, other than the chip I put it in (I cry everytime I think about that horrible night). I would of put a high score for the action, fit, and finish but the set-up wasn't very good.

This guitar was made in 2004 or 2003 and I'm not to sure where it was made though. Theres 22 frets and is rosewood. The body is mahogany an is pretty heavy like a real Les Paul. The body style is basiclly one of a Gibson Les Paul, which is why I got it! There's a 3-way toggle Switch, treble, middle and rythme. The pickups are humbuckers I'm not sure what kind though but I'm thinking Samick. It has a beauitful finished but I got a chip in it because I dropped it (rips own heart out).

cam201
    mmm good speller i have to say but i own this guitar and i knew from the first moment i played it it wasn't good for thrash. great bluesy or classic rock sound