Avion AV3 review by Samick

Samick: Avion AV3

Purchased from: Braganza, Calcutta

It suits my music style perfectly.I play soft rock but I like my guitar to sound meaty with sustainance.It fits the bill fine. Using a 15 watt amp for home practice, I have played this guitar with Peavey in store and it sounded just too good.It has a bright sound and max for tone and volume does not give any problem.I am using it with Boss-BD2 and RP-50 which I mostly use as a compressor till I get enough dough for one.The guitar can sound gr8 in range of tones and heavy stuff also sound good...

I have been playing for 15 years now. Playing mostly classic, soft rock and I love playing my instrumental pieces and solo's.This guitar plays those very well. I have a useless RP-50(now used only as Compressor to my BD2) and I have played this guitar without any effects for quite some time. The set Neck gives a good sustain and the Humbuckers are powerful. Now with BD2 I play it with Gain at 11 to 3 o clock and the guitar handles the Sound brilliantly.I wanted a Les Paul Clone as I was fed up of Fender China made Squiers available in India, and this guitar sounded a beauty and still does.Till I have enuf for a les Paul I will go for this guitar again.

Strap buttons are solid, I have played live and played like 10 hours a day with it generating no problem. Definitely can depend on it for gigs. Finish is just great. HardwARE May Not Last For Ever But Then Nothing Lasts forever... Finish is good to last and definately has not worn out over the past 2 years.

I am still using the factory set up. Though the Selector Swith and knobs I understand will need replacement but as of now there's no problem Am playing it for past 2 years and it has kept pretty good shape giving no problems.Pick ups did not require any adjustment but the bridge did.In 2 years and I keep it out in open room of humid Calcutta Climate there has been no problems of rust.

Made in 2007, Indonesia, inspected by one Hadi, did a good job I must say... 22 frets with little buzz but the sound takes that in stride.. Flamed top I read, don't know but sounds gr8.Tuneomatic bridge gives gr8 sustainance to the sound, I have played Epiphone LesPauls which didn't sound this well. Grover tuners and Humbuckers give good fat sound.Cable, Gigbag, strap included.

sg4ever
    What can I say? I've had the guitar for about four years now. It get's the job done. There's a definite chunkiness to the tone that other guitars can't get in this price range. Still...I'm looking into classier guitars now. I know the amp comes first, but good grief, there is a satisfaction that comes with playing a nice guitar...
    bhatta
    That last review is by me..I completely agree with sg4ever and circus of power- within this range it is the nicest thing to have..feels gr8 evrytime i play it... Classic, Blues and instrumentals sound superb... As they say- Its only RocknRoll, BUT I like it..
    shivam47
    this guitar is awsum i just got it and is perfect for blues, metal,rock and roll, and metal etc.
    usetheforce93
    i paid 375(402 with tax) and this is a great guitar. it is comfortable to play, and sounds great, which is the best part. its pretty much even with my dads 82 ibanez, which cost 500 back in the day. it has the same bridge, pickups, inlays, and flamed maple top as the 1000 dollar les paul i saw. i hear it isnt so good for thrash, idk, i dont play thrash. but it is good for blues, clean rock like red hot chilli peppers, or deep distorted metal like enter sandman. i played raining blood in the store, and i was really impressed. i have a trained ear, and i can tell this guitar has a good sound. i have had some terrible sounding guitars, and some great ones. this is one of the great ones. overall this guitar is great, and i would have paid 200 dollars more for it that what i did. if you are thinking of buying this guitar, go ahead and do it. it is a great guitar.