Cobra CA2 review by Samick

Samick: Cobra CA2

Purchased from: Coyles Richboro Music

works great for classic rock, rock, metal, and pretty much anything else, sounds great through a Kustom Quad 100 DFX.

Absolutlely nothing better you could get in this price range, great look and sound.

I've never had a problem with it yet, and I dont expect to ever have a problem because it's a great guitar. One thing about the black & red finish is that you can get finger marks on it, but it's no big deal, but you don't have to worry about that with the silver & chrome finish, but in my opinion the black & red looks way better.

Everything on the guitar was perfect when I got it, no maintenance required.

I wish it had a wammy bar but no big deal I wouldn't use it a lot, its a korean made mahogony guitar, you can get a black and red or the sliver and chrome finish, it's an SG style guitar, with a little more attitude, 2 volume 2 tone 3 way. Comes with 2 duncan designed humbuckers, it might be tough to find a hard case for, but mine came with one, and it's great.

hester3073
    I bought this guitar 6 or 7 years ago and I'm glad I did. The sound and the sustain of this guitar blew me away... I couldn't go back to playing my Stratocaster after playing the Samick, so the Strat eventually got sold after collecting dust for a while. My only gripe about this guitar is it doesn't balance with a strap. When playing standing the neck wants to fall down if you don't support it, no big deal though.
    SSJ_Lance
    This guitar is absolutley awesome. I would reccomend it for any player. On clean, the sound is absolutley wonderful, and the same goes for distortion. For the price, it's th best guitar available on the market.
    sTx
    I borrowed this from a friend, and it played better than any guitar I've had the pleasure to play. Extremely light, and the body is awesome.
    Rock On Rob
    I own this guitar and impressed is an understatement..It is very light and holds tune great.The sound is what you would expect from a much more expensive guitar..I have owned A lot of guitars ..Like for instance A Les Paul Junior,Harmony Red Rocket(wich I wish I still had),Fender 1964 Strat,Global Electric,Arbor Electric,Fender Telecaster,Hohner Electric,Audition,Pevey..and quite a few others..This Metalic Silver Cobra I will keep forever..I have sold every other guitar I have named but this one I will keep...I absolutely love it..the only upgrades I can think of making is to replace the pick ups (wich there is nothing wrong with them,they are sweet) with active pickups...If you have the chance to get one of these sweet,sweet guitars you will not be disappointed I garuntee you...Rob
    dubba bubba
    I LOVE THIS GUITAR!!! I've had this guitar for 4 some-odd years and the only thing I wish was different on it is the clear finish on the back of the neck. I kinda wish it was just stained wood like on some of the strats (not sure if they're all like that, I'm no expert). Maybe its just me but i think it just hinders your movement when sliding up more than a couple frets. But don't let that stop you from buying this guitar, it's truly amazing for the price and wont let you down.
    dgree2009
    My son just purchased a used guitar called a "Cobra". It is a SG styled guitar, has a rosewood stained body, bolt on neck, 2 control knobs, 3-way switch, and the input is on the front of the body. It has 2 mini-buckers bridge/neck. I have scoured the internet looking for information on a guitar like this but have only found Guitars that have the model as "Cobra". Has anyone ever heard of a guitar like this? I wold appreciate any help in identifying this instrument.
    hilmi182
    HI I own a fender telecaster copy made by cobra I bought it when I was 17 that was 35 years ago in 1979 it was made in america I think, it has a geat sound.
    lubanc
    Does anybody have a price range for this guitar or a place where I could buy one?