Concorde CD3 review by Samick

Samick: Concorde CD3

Purchased from: Local Store

The pickups on this guitar produce an amazing sound that suits a lot of music styles. I play everything from Metal, to Classic Rock, to Alternative and this guitar really suits all these styles. I'm playing through a Korg AX1500G pedalboard and a Roland Cube 15. The sound produced is free of noise and hum.

I play all music styles related to rock and metal, I started playing guitar 14 months ago. I own this guitar, a Samick Malibu, a Korg AX1500G pedalboard and a Roland Cube 15. If it were stolen I would buy the same guitar, for the price you can't go wrong. I liked about it mostly the fretboard and the pickups. It has all features I need.

This guitar is really dependable. Its harware is solid and rigid, so it will definitely stand Live playing. It has 3 solid strap buttons, so on stage you won't have to worry about the strap getting loose or anything bad. The fixed bridge makes it less likely for the guitar to go out of tune.

When I bought this axe it had no flaws whatsoever. The action was already set-up the closest way to the fretboard without producing any weird buzzes. The pickups were well adjusted, so it saved me both time and money, from getting it set-up at any music store.

This guitar was made in Thailand in 2005. It has 24 frets, the fingerboard is made out of Rosewood. The neck is made out of mahogany wood. The body is a double cutaway sculpted body. The HH pickups were designed by Seymour Duncan (HB-102). It features 1 volume and 1 tone knobs and a 2-way selector. The bridge is a fixed bridge.

Demonikk
    Just contructive criticism, this review doesn't describe the axe very well. No mention of what kinda tone it has etc.
    Sloopy
    Never really liked the way that Samick felt, just too "Asian" feeling for me. I prefer North American and European guitars. Samick just seems like nothing new.
    Hakael
    I've had the pleasure of playing this particular axe before. It's one of the higher end, Greg Bennett designs, and I would dare say that it feels and sounds just as good as other guitars that cost hundreds more. The ONLY reason why I haven't picked this one up yet is the fact that I already have 3 superstrat, HH guitars (2 Schecters, and a Greg Bennett Interceptor). I found it comfortable. It has amazing sustain, and and the poor picture in the interview does it no justice whatsoever.