Concorde CD3 review by Samick

Samick: Concorde CD3

I play anything from early rock, alternative, to heavy metal and this guitar handles all of it easily. I've played it through a Roland Jazz Chorus, Roland Cube 30, and Microcube, also with a DigiTech RP80. The guitar has a wonderful amount of sustain, and, for Duncan Designed pickups, is capable of rich sounding cleans to your heavy metal crunch. Pretty Standard fare for an H/H guitar, this handles everything other higher priced models can, just as well.

I haven't been playing very long, and my tastes are becoming more diverse as I continue to learn, but for many of the styles I initially enjoyed playing (rock, alternative, heavy metal), this guitar fit perfectly and sounds great for any of those. If it wasn't for the fact that I already own three similarly styled guitars (capable of doing the same type of music), I would have snatched this up in a heartbeat. If I had this guitar and it had been stolen/lost, I would most definitey replace it. One of the reasons why I think so highly of this particular guitar, is for the features, playability, craftmanship, and sound, this guitar easily equals similar styled guitars that would normally cost hundreds more. The only things that I would consider changing on this guitar would possibly be getting Seymour Duncan pickups (more a personal preferrance really as the stock pickups are decent) and adding a coil-tap feature for added versitality.

This guitar was meant to be gigged with. Construction was solid from the tuners to the strap pegs and everywhere in between. It seems to weigh a bit lighter, thanks in part to the smaller headstock, making longer gigs easier. Also the balance of the guitar is nicely distributed, with the weight more towards the back of teh guitar, combined again with the lighter headstock, making it easy to keep in a playable position with no fear of the guitar going for a "head dive." The finish was wonderfully done with a beautiful abalone type binding and a very active quilt top. Any online picture of this guitar simply doesn't do it enough justice.

I didn't get a chance to play it right out of the box. I know the store owner had a setup done on the guitar previously. The action was amazingly low, with no fretbuzz on any string/fret. Pickups were adjusted just fine and I failed to see a single flaw in the workmanship. Tuners were solid feeling. Knobs also felt solid and not "loose." I didn't hear any crackling or noise from either the knobs or the selector switch. Intonation was spot on, again probably due to a proper setup.

Not sure when the particular one I played was made. It's a Korean made guitar. Greg Bennett designed. 24 fret, solid, mahogany body. Double cutaway, quilt top. It has a bound, set, mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard. Grover tuners. Stop tailpiece with Tonepros style bridge. H/H Duncan designed, passive pickups. Volume and tone controls with three way selector switch.

sambargun
    Half of those North-american and European guitars have Asian parts, and samick is the biggest supplier of those parts.....
    MASTER JiMMY
    Darkshade666 wrote: How can i change the picture of this review ? this picture looks awful.
    By not failing.