Interceptor IC-2 review by Samick

• Reviewer's score: 4.4 Poor
Samick: Interceptor IC-2

The sound is ok, not the best but it is definitely good for beginners. I use a Behringer Firebird GX108 and a home made 50 watt. The bridge pickup is good but only good with distortion. The single coil neck pickup is ok and the middle is noisy and not that great. The channel switch is noisy and pisses me off when changing from pickup to pickup, it crackles after a few months of use.

I usually play music which includes Nirvana, Creed, Green Day, Dream Theater. The guitar survives most of these. For me as a first guitar this guitar was perfect and I enjoyed it for about a year and a half, but compared to other beginners, I think I made a good choice. I chose this guitar because I thought it looked good and cheap. It was different from most others.

The guitar will withstand live play but will not last. Its a bit too heavy so if your using a material strap it will ware it away pretty quickly (don't use an expensive strap with this guitar).

Like I said before the bridge is pretty hard to use. The tuning pegs are pretty loose on the d string and the gig bag doesn't help. The guitar is a bit too heavy so if you have one don't try jumping and/or Steve Vai/Malmsteen spinning guitar tricks. The finish is a silvery grey and also comes in a black, red and blue.

The guitar was made in the early 2000's. It has 24 frets with a simple fixed bridge and a tremolo arm which is hard to use due to its poor quality except when pulling it down. Passive pickups, 5-way selector with a humbucker at the bridge and single coils in the middle and neck. The store gave a me a crap gig bag with it and a 1mm pick which really p-ssed me off.