Interceptor II IC-10 review by Samick

Samick: Interceptor II IC-10

Purchased from: CRP music and recording

It suits any style from blues to jazz to metal. It suits me perfectly for any style, but i prefer using my different guitars for there strongest style qualities, so I use this guitar for mainly metal. I use it with an Orange Crush 15 and various tube amps (Epi VJ, Peavy Windsor, Marshall JCM 800) and it sounds wonderful through any of these amps. I use a DigiTech GNX3 for effects. It is not noisy AT ALL. It has a bright sound with tone at 10, but can get a really warm, rich sound when you roll the tone back. Lots of variety in tonal capability's.

I play any kind of music except the crap pop and stuff that the radio plays today. I've been playing for 4 years and own 4 electric and 2 Acoustic guitars. If it were stolen I would buy another one just because the neck profile suits me perfectly, and it is an amazing value. Buy it and you wont be dissapointed like you probably would with other $170 guitars.

This guitar has stood up to Live playing very well and can take any abuse you dish out. It will last as long as you take proper care. The strap buttons were already replaced with schaller strap locks so no comment. I wouldn't use it at a gig without a backup, not because it might break, but I have around 6 guitars, and like to use all of them.

When I purchased the guitar from CRP Music, it was perfectly set up for me and adjusted to my specs. The pups were also very well adjusted, but I raised em' a bit just because I like a hotter sound. No visable flaws on this guitar. The finish on this guitar is rock solid and has shown almost no scratches and absolutely no dents or dings.

"The Interceptor II provides that aggressive attitude, while maintaining the visual and physical balance that makes the design work. Check out the deep-set neck pocket. It really makes the guitar feel tight and increases the punch, almost like a set neck guitar. This is really unusual in a bolt-on neck style guitar."- Samick Website Made in 08' 24 Jumbo Frets on a bolt on maple neck Solid basswood body Silver paint and then clear coat Body styled in an RG/super Strat Hard tail string-thru bridge Passive Humbuckers 1 Volume 2 Tone, 3 way selector Grover Tuners (surprisingly) Graphite Nut Rosewood fingerboard

GuitarPlayer716
    Slovak_Ghost wrote: well if you have such strong dislike for the pickups... perhaps change them? This. That's kinda like buying a performance kit for a Dodge Neon and then not being able to figure out why the Corvette still kicks your ass. also..your amp is pretty low end.... a good amp will make any guitar sound better... you could play a $5000 Gibson on a crap amp and it wont sound great
    H, Omitted
    I played this model before, but I wouldn't give it a nine. I liked the ease of access to the frets and how the action was set up, but it ends there. The sound was a bit dull for my liking. You cannot bar dive with this thing. I also did not feel comfortable playing this thing, my fingers are kind of big and I like bigger frets (and I cannot lie)
    Dawbo
    It's got jumbo frets...how big are your fingers dude? Hahahaha
    MadArsonist
    i didn't know it at fist because they didn't allow me to test the guitar...
    You bought a guitar without even playing it? Fail.
    powerchord_97
    you don't know what my guitar sounds from the rest... i know the REAL samick guitar sounds good... but when i bought the guitar it sounded different than i thought... i know what a genuine duncan sounds like and the pickups in my guitar sounds different... i didn't know it at fist because they didn't allow me to test the guitar... WHAT A RIP OFF!!!
    Sonic Blast
    powerchord_97 wrote: i gave it a 9 'cuz it make so many noises... most of them Herman Li's... also, they don't sell pickups here in KSA... you gotta buy another guitar with good pickups which costs another thousand (riyals)...
    i live in the KSA too. but i've seen a couple pickups in Bahrain. but you wouldn't get over there very often (being in Jeddah). I buy all of my guitars in the USA but when I switch out pickups, I order the pups from the USA. There's a shipping company called Aramex, and they do a pretty good job. You order something and have it shipped to them. Then they'll ship it over here. No excuses man!
    FearBefore
    The guys 14, and the review backs that up. I may never have written a review for any of my gear, but I am confident I wouldn't call a guitar crappy and give it a 9. Hand any piece of crap guitar to someone who knows how to play and they will make it play.
    J.J.G.
    I mostly play classic rock, metal, punk, and some blues and it's sound is an utter crap,
    and you give 9, its like ...wtf?
    powerchord_97
    GuitarPlayer716
    Kinda like buying a performance kit for a Dodge Neon and then not being able to figure out why the guy with the Corvette still kicks your ass.
    Slovak_Ghost
    well if you have such strong dislike for the pickups... perhaps change them? also..your amp is pretty low end.... a good amp will make any guitar sound better... you could play a $5000 Gibson on a crap amp and it wont sound great
    fretsonfire74
    Conflicting things though. "I only hate the pickups and that signature Greg Bennett headstock. I only wish this guitar had EMG's instead of Duncans". Also, you said the sound is crap, but gave it a 9? I really will have to do a review of it.
    fretsonfire74
    I have this guitar and I absolutely love it. I've had it for 3 years, but still haven't written a review. I should get around to that...