Interceptor II IC-30 review by Samick

Samick: Interceptor II IC-30

Purchased from: Al Dawliah

I mostly play classic rock, metal, punk, and some blues and it's sound is an utter crap, it only sounded good on my Zoom Fire-30 amp. It's a little bit noisy on maximum volumes. As I said earlier, the sound is a complete crap but the sustain is pretty long. You can make many sounds (noises) because of the fact that it's a Floyd Rose bridge. You can replicate almost every noise known but you can't go as high as Herman Li, you can only do Dimebag Darrell's divebombs.

I mostly play classic rock, metal, punk, and some blues. It fits everything with my Zoom Fire 30. I've been playing for 2 years now. I started with a classical guitar and bought this guitar just last week. I would rather buy the Yamaha RGX. The only reason I bought this guitar is that it is a lot cheaper than the other one. I love the Floyd Rose bridge and the 24 fret neck. I only hate the pickups and that signature Greg Bennett headstock. I only wish this guitar had EMG's instead of Duncan's.

I think this guitar is durable enough when played Live. The hardware is chrome and is sturdy enough but the only problem is that the screw which holds the tremolo arm goes with the arm when unscrewed. The strap buttons are very solid and is fitted tightly. I think it'll last for years.

Action was low when I bought it. The pickups are a little bit loose and needs adjustment. The screw where the tremolo arm is attached isn't tight and goes with the tremolo arm when I unscrew it. The Floyd Rose bridge is set to low. But the pickups and the pickguard came with a scratch-proof plastic.

This guitar was made in Indonesia, I don't know when. It has 24 jumbo frets, laminated top, Maple on the neck, Rosewood on the fingerboard, and (maybe) Maple on the body. The neck is bolt on, Quilted Top finish, has Non-locking Grover tuners, chrome hardware, Double Cutaway Sculpted body, 2 (crappy) Duncan Designed humbuckers, locking nut, 3 solid strap buttons (2 at the bottom of the body and one at the top), Floyd Rose bridge, 3-way selector, 2 knobs (one for volume, one for tone). I bought the red one with cream white pickguard. When I bought the guitar, it came with a simple cable, 3 Allen keys, Tremelo arm, and a manual.