Interceptor II IC-30 Review

manufacturer: Samick date: 05/07/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Samick: Interceptor II IC-30
I own an Ibanez RG370 and this guy is much more than it, as I said Interceptor IC30 can be matched with only Ibanez Prestige editions.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 7.5
 4.3
 8.5
 6,605
reviews (2) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Interceptor II IC-30 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 07, 2010

Purchased from: Furtado's INDIA

Features: I received accessories such as a gig bag, cable, few allen key spanners, some picks and that's it. It has 24 medium frets rosewood fretboard with a maple finish. 2 humbuckers, fitted well in right positions. Floyd rosewood bridge and it is of very good quality. One volume and 2 tone knobs. // 9

Sound: This Guitar can't be called a beginner guitar as mine is Greg Bennett Interceptor II IC30. It can play any style of music such as metal, jazz, blues, rock, punk and watever. I use DigiTech RP90 effects pedal with it and they together are producing amazing sounds. Whatever may be ur style of play... You can go with this. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar has Duncan pickups fitted well in the RG body. I think they are well adjusted and no modifications are needed. The bridge is a floyd rosewood Whammy bridge and is a very good one... This can be matched with the Ibanez Prestige series guitars. The whammy sounds awesome. Not many colors you can go for but a Dark green or bloodred textured finish. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Man you have to run a roller on it to break it. I have dropped this guitar once, yet no flaws. There is no need for backup gutar. I have done 6 hr stage plays and everything was good. The guitars weighs fine just like Ibanez RG ones. Unlike Ibanez 2 strap bottoms are provided for good balance on the bottom end itself. And a well finished ant the top makes it tight and comfortable for any style. // 10

Overall Impression: For 6 years I've been playing generally metal, Punk rock, and pop rock tones. Sometimes blues too... This guy suits like anything. Just adjust the pickup tone and you can play anything. I own an Ibanez RG370 and this guy is much more than it, as I said Interceptor IC30 can be matched with only Ibanez prestige editions. I would have been more happy if this monster was available in blue color. If it is lost then I would definitely buy it again no matter what. // 10

Interceptor II IC-30 Reviewed by: powerchord_97, on december 11, 2008

Purchased from: Al Dawliah

Features: This guitar was made in Indonesia, I don't know when. It has 24 jumbo frets, laminated top, Maple on the neck, Rosewood on the fingerboard, and (maybe) Maple on the body. The neck is bolt on, Quilted Top finish, has Non-locking Grover tuners, chrome hardware, Double Cutaway Sculpted body, 2 (crappy) Duncan Designed humbuckers, locking nut, 3 solid strap buttons (2 at the bottom of the body and one at the top), Floyd Rose bridge, 3-way selector, 2 knobs (one for volume, one for tone). I bought the red one with cream white pickguard. When I bought the guitar, it came with a simple cable, 3 Allen keys, Tremelo arm, and a manual. // 7

Sound: I mostly play classic rock, metal, punk, and some blues and it's sound is an utter crap, it only sounded good on my Zoom Fire-30 amp. It's a little bit noisy on maximum volumes. As I said earlier, the sound is a complete crap but the sustain is pretty long. You can make many sounds (noises) because of the fact that it's a Floyd Rose bridge. You can replicate almost every noise known but you can't go as high as Herman Li, you can only do Dimebag Darrell's divebombs. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was low when I bought it. The pickups are a little bit loose and needs adjustment. The screw where the tremolo arm is attached isn't tight and goes with the tremolo arm when I unscrew it. The Floyd Rose bridge is set to low. But the pickups and the pickguard came with a scratch-proof plastic. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar is durable enough when played Live. The hardware is chrome and is sturdy enough but the only problem is that the screw which holds the tremolo arm goes with the arm when unscrewed. The strap buttons are very solid and is fitted tightly. I think it'll last for years. // 8

Overall Impression: I mostly play classic rock, metal, punk, and some blues. It fits everything with my Zoom Fire 30. I've been playing for 2 years now. I started with a classical guitar and bought this guitar just last week. I would rather buy the Yamaha RGX. The only reason I bought this guitar is that it is a lot cheaper than the other one. I love the Floyd Rose bridge and the 24 fret neck. I only hate the pickups and that signature Greg Bennett headstock. I only wish this guitar had EMG's instead of Duncan's. // 7

Comments