Rockwell RW1 review by Samick

Samick: Rockwell RW1

Purchased from: dany's music stop

I bought this guitar because is has a blazing fretboard, good for the style of music I play, speed metal, Metallica, Slayer. It sounds good enough for any gig with a Black Coffee (fuzz pedal). I run everything through a 40watt Washburn Baddog. There are no anoying noises other than desired. It give a full/rich sound with a solid bright sound for the soloing. The sounds fun from heavy chorus to clear-chrunching solo action.

I play speed metal and this guitar couldn't get better (with the exception of 2 more frets, lol). I've been playing for 2 years and I own a Yahmaha acoustic and a nova piece of s--t guitar. One amp (Washburn Baddog). If someone stole it I would hunt them down and kill'em for takin it in the first place, but I would buy it again no questions asked. I love the looks and action. I hate haters and I choose this guitar because I've heard it to be reliable. Yes, a slammer Explorer, around the same price, I didn't like the other because it's action wasn't up to par. I only wish it had 2 more frets for more range.

The guitar has already withstood some gigs with no problems. The fretboard came with a replacement plan for when they wear out so the guitar will be lasting me a long while. The strap buttons have never givin me any problems, only with 3 dollar straps lol. I use it for gigs and I don't have a backup cause I don't need one, very dependable. The finish is solid, no wear yet, I've had it for 2 years.

The action for this guitar is set high, great for scales and solos. I haven't had to mess with the pickup height yet for any desired sounds, they were set nicely. There is only one flaw for cosmetics, the black plastic nob that screws onto the toggle Switch came stripped, it needs a metal cap. Other than that all is well.

This guitar was built in 2003 and constructed in indonesia. It has 22 frets set in maple, laminated top. It has a suttle black transparent finish. This guitar is a Explorer style body with grover tuners. 1 volume, 2 tone and 3 way toggle Switch. It has 2 Duncan humbuckers (silver plated). It came with case (wrong size), cables and a tuner.