Stratocaster review by Samick

Samick: Stratocaster

Purchased from: Keyboard Kavern

I play heavy metal, rock, grundge and a bit of jazz on this baby, and it matches them all really well. I use it with a 25watt amp (gain, volume, overdrive/clean, treble, mid, bass, reverb) and it works brilliant. The guitar can make a wide variety of sounds, and can easily be set up to however the guitarist wants to play. With the volume up full on the guitar and amp it's really loud.

This is a great guitar that fits a broad spectrum of all music types. I've been playing for about two years now and I don't own any other gear apart from the guitar/strap/cable/amp/plectrums. If this was lost or stolen I'd definately buy it again for the reasons stated in the other sections. I love everything about it and the only thing I don't like is the fact that the pickup selector is a bit noisy, but if your playing when you change you can't really hear it. I compared it to a Gibson Les Paul Standard and a Fender Standard Strat. I chose it over the les paul for the tremolo bar and the five-way pickup selector as opposed to the 3 three way pickup on the les paul and I chose it over the Fender because this guitar has a nicer neck and fret board. Overall, this is an amazing guitar that I'd recommend to a beginner or an advanced player, whatever genre of music they play.

If I played live, I'd probably go without a backup, as this is a really durable guitar and can easily sustain just about anything. The hardware seems like it'll last for a long time. The strap buttons are really solid and don't look like they'll break anytime. The finish is good and doesn't thin/wear off easily with lots of playing. If you hadn't already gathered from what I've already said, it's a really dependable guitar, able to take anything and everything you throw at it.

In the shop it wasn't really set up that nicely, but it does look really nice. The only flaw I could and still can see is that the pickup selector is a bit noisy. However, if you're playing when you change it, then yuo can't actually hear it at all.

Don't know where it was made, or what year unforunately. 23 and 1/2 frets with a solid top. Same body shape as a Fender Standard Strat, one volume control and two tone controls with a Vintage tremelo bar, three pickups and a five-way pickup selector. The neck is rosewood and a really nice finish. The top has the tuning dials down both sides as opposed to all of them being down one side. Came with: a cloth case, 10 plectrums, an amp cable and a strap.