Stratocaster review by Samick

Samick: Stratocaster

Purchased from: Downtown Music

I play blues, rock and metal and this guitars fits all of those styles perfectly. I am using a Randall RG40 amp with this baby. The pickups can be a bit noisy if you are using a lot of distortion and reverb but it's not a very big problem. Playing on a clean channel, you really have to push it to get a rich, full sound out of it when you are soloing, but that might be because of the amp. You can easily crack some Zakk Wylde pinch harmonics with this axe. It's really a great guitar.

I play blues, rock and metal and this guitar suits them all very well. I have been playing for around 1 year now and I own some pedals a randall 40 watt amp and of course this guitar. If this guitar was stolen, I probably would buy a Gibson SG Standard simply because my guitar is pretty hard to get, and not a lot of people have them and it was custom made, so I don't think you could find another one as good as my one. The thing I lovce most about it is the action, it plays like a dream.

This guitar could probably withstand playing live but like I was saying before, on the clean channel you really have to play hard to get a good sound out of it. So if you are a blues player who plays gigs regularly, I would recommend a Gibson Les Paul, they give a much richer and smoother tone and more powerful humbucking pickups that are easier to execute on the clean channel. The electronics are very reliable and sound very good. The strap buttons are very solid. The finish is very good. I have knocked and dropped it many times and nothin goes wrong with it.

The action and setup on this guitar is absolutely amazing, I have never seen a guitar with a better action. I have played Gibsons, Maton's, PRS guitars and many more, but this guitar has the best action, and the best neck of them all. The thing I love most about this guitar is the action, it is awsome.

This beautiful guitar was made in a workshop called Valley Arts Guitars. It has 22 frets on a beautiful slim maple neck. It has a sunburst finish with a Strat style body. The bridge is a Standard Strat style bridge that is very sturdy and of no trouble at all. Has 1 volume and 2 tone switches, and a 5-way pickup selector. The pickups are pretty much standard Fender Strat pickups I think (I bought the guitar second hand). They are very versatile pickups and can give you a great range of sounds from blues to metal.