Stratocaster review by Samick

Samick: Stratocaster

Purchased from: A Local Guitar Shop

I play metal, ranging from types such as Metallica to Pantera, to Black Sabbath and modern Ozzy. I've play this guitar on a small Kustom 10 Watt with a Danelectro FabTone. Too me and a couple others, the sound quality sounds pretty "hagr'd" but some like it, only a few, and they don't play so they don't really know what they're talking about, but ya to me, I hate it. It has alot of feedback on the humbucker, and I mean alot! On clean, it's not the great either compared to my friends Squier Strat, it sounds of low quality. But it could just be our amps (he uses a 25 watt Fender). Maybe if I used a half decent amp it wouldn't sound as bad.

I don't think this was worth the $275, I probly would've got it for less if I went to the city e.g. Vancouver, or Victoria. If it was stolen or lost, I wouldn't buy it again, I would go for a Cort or Squier which you could get at about the same price.

I've dropped this time a couple times headbanging with friends, strap was twisted or something and it came off and crashed of the ground, but it's good, thier's a couple small dents, on the horns, bottom and neck but those were already thier when I got it, so I dunno the story behind those. The strap buttons and neck seem solid. Only thing that doesn't seem like it's lasting too well is the electronics, I somtimes have to wiggle the psickups selector to get it too work. I would probly bring a backup if I was playing at a gig, just in-case the electronics did give away.

I bought this guitar second hand so take it so seriously that I gave it a 6, but the guy I bought it off from said nothings ever been wrong with it and he hasn't tampered with the action or electronics. But after a while of playing it I noticed how straight the neck is, as it's supposed to be slightly curved. The saddles where out of wack I needed to re-adjust them. I have alittle bit of fret buzz on the low E but not that noticeable. The finish looks pretty sweet, mines a tobacco sun-burst colour, but when you looks closely at an angle at it, thier's lots of riples in the finish, which I dunno if it's normal, I'm guessing not. But other than that everything looks fine.

Made in Korea, 2 singles, 1 humbucker (don't know the brands or models) 1 volume, 2 tone controls, 5-way pickup selector.

yojtm
    Price paid: less than 50 dollars Purchased from: My mom bought it from her friend who needed money very badly. Features: This incredibly cheap but beautiful guitar is Korean made. It almost has all the the fundamental features that a strat have. metallic red finish, 3-ply pickguard(white-black-whi te), 5 -way toggle switching, maple neck w/ 21 frets, standard tremolo unit and chrome tunners.//10 Sound: I play rock, metal, some blues and jazz it plays them all. If I run it in a Boss distortion(Gain is set to 10), it gives me that metal crunch that I like. And if its clean, I get that bluesy feel soloing or doing rhythms. At first I have problems about noise because of single coil pickups. But a bandmate of my friend told me about shielding guitars. After I did what he said, The noise problem was almost totally snucked out of the equation.//9 Action,Fit & Finish: When I got hold of this guitar, the action was too high. I adjust the action just enough and now it feels great. The tremolo unit of this one is rock solid no matter how hard i yank it. I love its finish, you can replaced your mirror with it!! The maple neck and body are very shinny even if i don't put any polish on it.// Reliability & Durability: This guitar has been around for more than ten years now, But it still looks and sounds great.//10 Impression: I can say that I'am very lucky to have bought this great guitar at a very low price. I also owned a 57 Japanese Fender strat, but this baby(Samick) is keep this one(Fender) at the guitar case for a long time.//10
    rhcp_fan2210
    i got 1 of these and i would swap it for a standard strat anyday, good starter guitar but it has its limitations