Stratocaster review by Samick

Samick: Stratocaster

As I said, this guitar is perfect for anything under the sun stock. It has twang, growl, purr, & squeal. I play it through a tube powered Jet City half stack & a Crate G-120 with Celestions. Both bring an impressive side of this amazing guitar to the table. I put my 335, Les Paul, & Martin Stinger away for this guitar.

Good for Rock, Punk, Blues, Metal, Rockabilly, Funk, Jazz, Classical, even aucoustic style songs on a clean chanel with some reverb. No buzz either. I will never get rid of this guitar!

I play it every day & have never had a problem, even though it's a smaller name more than a decade old.

Beautiful finish. It's a shade of sunburst I've never seen. BEST Strat TREM OUT THERE! Great sustain! Perfect everything! You don't need to mess with it at all! For blues, a tad distorted, it sounds like SRV's famous "Lenny". Size & shape of the body is a direct twin of your Fender Standard Stratocaster.

Not sure of the year, but definitely before 1999 because the headstock says Samick & has a straight line of all six tuners on top. The tuning pegs resemble that of a Gibson SG. The body is a really beautiful dark red to brown sunburst. It features your Standard Strat pickguard, single coil pickups, 1 volume, 2 tone, 5 way selector, tremolo bridge with dives as low as a Floyd Rose, maple body, bolt on maple neck with rosewood fret board, 21 1/2 frets. Perfect action! No need to adjust saddles or file nut! Great sound! From SRV to Misfits to Metallica to BB King. You can play anything, smooth or raunchy on this thing & it achieves pinch & mute harmonics rivaling a Les Paul.

davidschneider
    I have been playing guitar for 50 years. A friend lent me his Samick strat that I have played for one year, and it is just about the nicest sweetest sound that I have found. I have owned appoximately 40 electric guitars and have played professionally for 40 years. Don't pay for the brand, pay for the sound and playability.
    notryt
    a advanced player wouldnt play one.. excuse me.... the ssm1 is a better guitar than a american standard .. the standard gets a plus for a better finish..
    notryt
    shielding is adequate.. wiring harness acceptable but easily replaced..tremolo equal to a fender. unless you are talking a mega brass block. stock pickups are keepers. same alder body and maple neck. just a bit smaller.. owning fenders, jacksons, and Ibanez strats . I thing fender, being the original is now bringing up the rear.
    rv_phoenix
    An advanecd player would never play on such thing, for obvious reasons (cheap electronics, crappy hardware, bad shielding).