Torino TR1 review by Samick

• Reviewer's score: 3.6 Poor
Samick: Torino TR1

Purchased from: Harry's Guitar

I'll play anything I'm able to and this guitar sucks at all of it. I play through an Ibanez Halfstack (no Mesa Boogie, but not any Crate either). That's it. No effects to screw the sound up. This guitar sounds like pure s--t. Not a good sound to be heard. I was pressured into buying it, and in the shop, all the other noise made it hard to hear the flaws (this is my fault). As soon as I got home, I realized how big a mistake I had made. The sound is pretty much just muddy. pure muddy poop. There's also something else I cant put my finger on. It might just be badness. I figured the intonation had to be off but it wasn't. It was perfect. The pickups are very quiet, I'll give it that. But I wish they'd stay that way, even when you played it so I wouldn't have to hear it. I tried every all three pickup combinations with a million different amp settings, and it was all mudy crap. Which is pretty amazing, considering my amp leans on the bright side.

Like I said, I'll play anything I can, and this is good for nothing. I've been playing a year I guess, not long at all, but I have a pretty good ear, and I can dial in someones tone pretty fast on a decent guitar and amp if I feel like being a jerk-off copycat. This sounds terrible. Just terrible. Look, if you're short on cash and want a pretty decent guitar, get an Ibanez Jetking. That was my first and most reliable guitar. No problems with that, ever. The pickups aren't that great, but alot better than this one. I took it back and got a '50s reissue Strat. I am now broke as hell. Gibson and Fender charge too much for their guitars, but they sure do sound good. more than I can say for this.

Everything would last except the neck/body joint. It's got like, an inch and half of wood and some glue holding it on. Snap. Strap buttons suck. If you gig with this piece of s--t, you must be a member of Creed. Yes, it sucks that bad. The finish will last I think. They finally managed to polish a turd.

The action was ok, not great though. Lots of fret buzz around the nut, but the nut wasnt cut wrong. The pickups were adjusted badly but after I set them right it still sucked. Hard. Finish was a little on the half assed side but it wasnt that bad. Damn comfortable neck, it's a shame it was wasted. The neck really was great. Unfortunately, the guitar honks poop and they set it too shallow, it'll probably break off after not too long. Great fret job! The frets are perfect. they're beautifully polished and the fret buzz was not their fault. I don't know how it managed to buzz.

I'm going to try to be fair. The feature are pretty good for a 220 dollar guitar. Mahogany neck and body, not laminated crap that sucks. The bridge and tailpiece are alright, and it had 2 duncan designed humbuckers. Ok, on with the suckiness.

waqyboy
    This guitar was freaking amazing and the guy who said that the sound sucked probably sucked himself. I've only played guitars for a year and a half, but I still know that this guitar sounds good.