Torino TR1 review by Samick

Samick: Torino TR1

I'm in a hard rock/metal band and this is what we use for 70 percent of the songs. I couldn't ask for a better guitar! Maybe a Les Paul. It can get really loud but doesn't get on your nerves at all. It has a flat sorta sound, but still sound great. Perfect for power chords and picking, which is pretty much all ya do in rock, other than soloing and occasional normal chord. I've got Super Chorus and Super Distortion effects that I use very often, and it sounds unbelievable. I can play any System Of A Down song ever on a CD, and I play lots of Slayer and Papa Roach, too, and this guitar fits right in.

I think this guitar is best suited for System Of A Down, Papa Roach, Fall Out Boy, and Halestorm songs. It looks fantastic. I've been playing for about 3 years and have already mentioned what I own. I wish I had asked if I could have another one for free before I bought it. I would prob'ly get a Ibanez RG, which is what I'm getting next. I love the sound and look of it (duh-tastic). Nothing to hate, I say. I like the neck. It's smooth and super easy to move up and down on. I compare it to the SG because they look exactly the same. I do wish it had a wammy bar, though.

This guitar would be killed if it was alive. I've got four small dogs and I trip over them every, like, 2 seconds. But this guitar has almost no visible marks on it. I've played at the House of Blues, which is actually a rock place, and done it 2 times. The hardware will definitly last for a long, long time. The strap buttons are great. it's only slipped about once in the year that I've had it and that was at a band practice. I always use a backup, even if the other is still perfect. I don't know if the finish is permanant or what but it ain't comin' off!

Samick never makes a bad guitar, and usually has just flat out good ones that don't get too much publicity. Pickups weren't really adjusted a lot because nobody cares. Just like us to the government, right? It's perfectly setup and level. If you want an example, look at the Gibson SG. No visible or verbal (whatever that means) flaws that I can discriminate (ditto).

This is an awesome guitar overall. It's a 22 fret solid red guitar and looks almost just like the Gibson SG 61' Reissue. It's got 2 tone and 2 volume controls with a 3 way selector. It's got Duncan Design pickups. I got mine with a soft gig bag. Samick is mostly known for it's awesome acoustics, but this 2003 guitar is definitly my favorite. I've got a Strat, a Ibanez artcore, and a Washburn acoustic (gotta have variety), but this is my favorite.

Shinozoku
    Well, that low review was biased.. Really it's sound depends on one's own personal preference.. I wonder if he had the tone knobs all the way up Hell, the SG necks arent set any further in than this one! Anyway, my brother owns one, he got it to play AC/DC, and personally, he and I think it rules. I think it could use a pickup change to some Gibsons or genuine Seymour Duncans to get a better sound, but he likes it, so I'll let him like it xD Anyway, the neck is indeed very comfortable, wide string spacing good for legato stuff and bending. I have huge hands, but my brother has small hands, and the thinner neck is more comfortable to his hands. Anywho... I'd probably give it about an 8.5/10.
    Will520
    Are you kidding me? Do yall actually own a Torino? This guitar is crap. In all fairness, it's ok at power chords and maybe minor picking but that's it. Do yall notice how the strings buzz? Good guitars don't make a buzzing sound when you strum them. I guess it's ok for the price, but if you haven't already gotten it, don't get it! Get an Epi or something. The Torino doesn't even have the same body shape as a real SG. Any respectable guitarist will tell you that you WILL get laughed at if you gig with this thing. I'm being too generous when I give it a 4/10.
    wikter
    Real groovy buzz has that Torino Guit. It's just based on the string size and pickup elevation. It's a shame that the volume knobs doesn't work as expected, but keeping them at the top gives a thickness to the sound that some other guitars can't give. Just take advantage of the character it has. If you want a clean sound, get a Strat. 100 paid was a vary good price. Play "Next" at my website and hear its sound. http://osakadub.googlepages.com