Torino TR1 review by Samick

• Reviewer's score: 4.6 Poor
Samick: Torino TR1

Until you plug it in. It is a buzzy muddy piece of absolute crud. My stepdad bought it for me and he knows nothing about guitars. all he knew is that it was on special. so hey whatever i got it for free but it seriously sounds like garbage!!!. I play a lot of heavy metal. and this guitar just doesnt cut it.

This guitar really doesnt suit my style.....or any style. I have been playing a year and a half and i now own an Ibanez RG170 instead and it is ssooooo much better. if you want a cheap guitar. get an Ibanez they crap all over this thing.

Im not sure that this guitar will do for Live playing. First, the neck looks like it would not be too hard to break at all. Secondly it looks and sounds like s**t and you would get laughed off stageThe strap buttons are pretty dodgy and i would definitely use a backup for this.

The only sus thing about the construction of the torino is the neck. it seems a bit flimsy and dodgy. it was reasonably well put together the pickups were adjusted well, the finish was ok. Nothing was really cut poorly either. The action was not bad and i think it was well done at the factory and everything.

The features make it seem like a reasonably good guitar. IT has a pair of HH duncan pickups, 22 frets with decent frets, 3 way selector etc etc. I think it was Asian made, it has a crap SG rip off body which I really didn't like.I got no extras because it was already on sale as it was. It actually seems pretty good.

Almost-Antix
    I own one, and I don't know what the hell some of these people are talking about. Muddy tone? I'm thinking you got yours on sale because they knew it was damaged or something, because mine is plenty bright and clear. Go play a different one, then come edit your reviews.
    GuitarPlayer716
    Some of that muddy tone could be an amplifier problem too. My friend has a Dean that sounds like shit through his amp but sounds amazing through mine. It's pretty amazing what an extra few hundred bucks can get you. And then there's always the possibility that you just got a lemon...I spent a ton of money on an American Telecaster and it sounds like crap no matter what I do to it.
    srvkicks@$$
    well the only electric i own is a samick and i personally think it sucks i havent played it on any other amps though so i dont know if its the amp or the guitar i was also wondering what the body is made of i got it used so i dont know anything about it the tag says model lsr-25dos\tc if anyone knows anything about wat the body is made of will you tell me
    fretsonfire74
    Samick Greg Bennetts are really under rated guitars. I would like to purchase another in the future.
    Hernaner28
    I have this guitar; look at my profile and you'll find more pictures. But I wanna know if there are some differences betweern TR1, TR2, TR3 and TR4 model. The inly difference I find is the design but are there more differences? I wanna know... ** I liked very much TR3 Model.