Torino TR1 review by Samick

Samick: Torino TR1

I play something between 80's rock and metal, ballads and it's doing great. There are only 2 humbuckers, but I don't regret not having a single coil. The sound is of course different but it's still great for both clean and distortion. I play it through Boss DS-1, Artec SE-VCH and Kustom Arrow 16 DFX and the sound is amazing. It's great for playing lead guitar and rhythm one too. There's some noise when I turn distortion and tone all the way to the right, but I can get great sound out of it with other settings, so I don't care that much. My teacher sometimes plays my guitar during lessons and so I know how much variety of sounds it can make. 9/10 points here because of noise. Not much, but it's still a noise.

First of all I don't have to copy other guitarists' style and tone. I'd rather have my own. The guitar is perfect for me. Nice shape, many layers of paint, great sound and durability. When I play it I can focus on playing. Really comfortable one. It's my only guitar. I don't regret buying it. If it was stolen I would probably get another one, but I'm not going to let anyone steal it. I only wish it had completely noiseless pickups. Duncan Designed are ok, it's still Duncan's, right? For the price I paid I can't imagine getting anything better than this one.

I'd really love to play a concert with this guitar, I have no place for practise with my friends though. I'm not going to throw it, so it will last really, really long. The strap buttons are solid and reliable. I'd certainly use it without a backup on a gig, maybe when I can afford another guitar I'll tune it to Drop C. So once again: no need for a backup.

Everything's perfect here. No flaws, really professional work. In fact there was a problem with bridge pickup's tone knob - it was improperly adjusted, but I've had it fixed in no time. It's good-looking and comfortable. The fingerboard is perfect for articulation. As I wrote, everything's perfect.

I have no idea what year it was made but I was told it's 2006. And it was made in Indonesia. 22 frets, and I think the size is ok for me. The colour of mine is Wine Red with black pickguard and in my opinion it's much better looking than the black one. I don't remember what kind wood it's made of, but it's one solid piece> I bought this guitar last august and it's doing great so far. It's both comfortable and amazingly sounding, at least for me, even when I play it without my amp. This guitar has tune-o-matic bridge and I've never complained about it. There are two Duncan Designed passive humbuckers, 3-way selector and 4 knobs: volume and tone for each pickup that let me make my tone really nice. I don't know the brand of tuners. It's not top class but it's good enough for me.

Mis4Mathew
    You people who keep goin on about this buzz are right but you have to remember that every musician has a different preference and alot of guitarist including myself use this to an advantage in certain genres of music.