Torino TR2 review by Samick

Samick: Torino TR2

Purchased from: A friend

I tend to play anything rock, from punk to metal, and this guitar works pretty well for all of them. I use it with a Randall RG200G2 amp, and it works pretty well. There is very little if any pickup noise, though the tone seems to get very muddy very fast unless you are using it with the neck pickup with the tone set on 10. There are a lot of mids but the bass and treble could be a little better. It doesn't seem to have much attack or presence either. However, that may just be my perception, as others have said that it sounds really good. I have had problems with getting the guitar to do any kind of pinch harmonics, but other than that it does pretty well.

Overall, I think it's a pretty good guitar, and it's way better than my old guitar, a Squier Strat. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably not buy it again, but only because I'm building a new guitar. It's a pretty nice guitar, I love the neck, it's very easy to play and much more comfortable than a Standard narrow Fender neck. I only chose it because my friend told me he was selling it for cheap (about half the SRP), and it was here (meaning I wouldn't have to Drive anwhere to go get it.)and it also sounded al lot better than my Strat. I have played an Epiphone SG, and it's pretty similar to that. It would be nice if it had a tremolo bridge, but the TOM is just fine.

I haven't played Live, but I'm pretty sure this guitar will hold up to just about anything. I would probably keep a backup just in case, because I've had some string breakage problems when you hit the High E too hard (though this could be because I only change my strings every few months.

I bought the guitar used, but I think it still had the factory settings. The action is probably a low medium height, but it's just about perfect for me. I haven't messed with the pickups beause they seem to be set up well enough. There weren't any real flaws in construction, but mine had a small chip near the rear strap button. Since the guitar was used, I don't think that will be a problem.

Hernaner28
    I have a TR1 and its fantastic; it has duncan pickups. This I think is better... but anyway I'd like to know differences among TR1, TR2, TR3 and TR4.
    blueHeart
    I bought this twang thing after a lot of research and coon fingering a bunch of Les Paul SG's and every thing else...this was "the real deal" with the TONE I was looking for....I bought mine from a local shop on purpose ...yes i could have saved a buck or 2... but then I hand picked "Rosey" from three unboxed t2's and she was the best of the best....And even sweeter try that on the net ...you do not know what you really miss with a REAL ole timmeee SHRED shop...the money just gets in the way of the goal....the Luther set up my action like it was his own and put my new 09's ON for that super slick buttery feel Talk about tone Roseee... Baby.. no wonder Johnny lee is out front and all dem strat's are back up.... I have digitech 90 somthin which I by pass for my modified tube and fingers and Rosee to keep de tone in Misaslippi ****Any way G.Bennett aint playin NO GAME**** cause he got tone
    a_hub10
    My vocalist has this guitar and i played a show with it once, it truely is a finely crafted instrument for low cost.