Torino TR2 review by Samick

Samick: Torino TR2

Price paid: € 200

Purchased from: muzyczny.pl

I play death metal. Considering the price, it's a good sounding guitar. I use a shitty 10W Kustom Dart 10 (practice amp). No effects. The sound is kinda dirty, but I like it anyway. It will definitely satisfy beginning players, I'm sure that it's hard to find a better-sounding guitar for this price.

I play death metal. This guitar is very good compared to the price. I play for almost 1.5 year, and I own this guitar for a year. It's my first electric guitar, and I'm satisfied. I also own a B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe. If it were stolen or lost, I wouldn't buy it again, because I have a better guitar. But if I hadn't my B.C Rich, I'd buy it again. I like the pickups in this guitar, they sound cool. I hate the shape and colour of this guitar (to be honest, I hate Gibson shapes).

I wouldn't use this guitar on a gig. Since I play death metal, this guitar isn't enough for me. But I'm pretty sure that this guitar would withstand live playing. Strap buttons are good, I've never had problems with them. I wouldn't use this guitar live without a backup, because I wouldn't play without a backup :)

The guitar needed some set-up. I've lowered the action, but some frets had some buzz. The pickups were adjusted good, the bridge is routed properly. I had one issue with the jack, it got out of the guitar and I couldn't plug it to the amp! But I think that the source of this problem was in bad maintenance. And that's it. The rest is very well. I didn't have more issues with this guitar, it's well-made.

This guitar was made in Indonesia. I'm not sure about the date of production though. 22 frets. Mahogany neck, alder body, rosewood fingerboard. TOM bridge. Duncan Designed pickups. 2x volume and 2x tone controls. Grover tuners. It came with a cable and tools. Pretty cool for this price.

NORCAL
    that guitar is awesome!!!!! Im gonna get that guitar soon cause its so cool!!!!!